Virgin Mobile

Travel to Europe

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Travel to Europe

I have a Samsung Note 9 and am traveling to Europe (UK and France). I know there is a Virgin UK .... would I be able to use my phone while out of the country?
If so, what do I need to do to enable that? And would my account function overseas or do I need to do something different while there, using their providers? Thank you in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Travel to Europe

Hi there! At the moment we do not offer services outside of the US. Even though we share the same name with Virgin mobile UK/etc.. we operate as separate companies. However, if your phone is unlocked you may be able to purchase a prepaid SIM card while abroad with a local carrier to stay connected.

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Hi silentD. Thanks for contacting us. Is your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 unlocked? ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

Yes -- I purchased the phone unlocked to work with VM....
Agent

Hi there! At the moment we do not offer services outside of the US. Even though we share the same name with Virgin mobile UK/etc.. we operate as separate companies. However, if your phone is unlocked you may be able to purchase a prepaid SIM card while abroad with a local carrier to stay connected.

Whiz Kid

Thank you for the clarification and help!