Virgin Mobile

VERY slow data speeds LTE

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

VERY slow data speeds LTE

I ended up picking up a Samsung Galaxy J3 a few weeks ago. I currently have Virgin service on it.

Here are the following issues I am experiencing, I am not happy with this.

1) Multiple dead zones in my apartment where the signal will go in and out, I did not have this problem in my apartment with AT&T.

2) I did a speed test at work where it showed to have more signal strength than my apartment and I got .54 down and .70 up. I did not run the speed test until I tried to send an e-mail from Gmail and it would not go through. I just tested this at my apartment and it says 0.09 down and 0.68 up. These are absolutely ridiculously slow speeds for "LTE"

I have rebooted, I have made sure the phone is updated. I also do not have a lot of apps on my phone. I would like to continue with Virgin, however if these problems persist I will have to cancel the service and move on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Virtuoso

Re: VERY slow data speeds LTE

Certainly those speeds you have reported would not allow for satisfactory use of your phone.

Diagnosing LTE problems can be a challenge as the issue can be the phone itself, signal strength or account issues.  Unfortunately, the only way to find the problem usually is by excluding possible causes until the actual cause is identified.

The best way to see if signal strength is the problem, is to a) ask others who are on the same network what speeds they are getting when you are together at a given location or 2) try speed tests in different locations.

If you conclude it is a signal issue, there is really no solution on a given network.  However, if it is a phone setting/hardware or account provisioning problem, that is fixable.

2 REPLIES
Virtuoso

Certainly those speeds you have reported would not allow for satisfactory use of your phone.

Diagnosing LTE problems can be a challenge as the issue can be the phone itself, signal strength or account issues.  Unfortunately, the only way to find the problem usually is by excluding possible causes until the actual cause is identified.

The best way to see if signal strength is the problem, is to a) ask others who are on the same network what speeds they are getting when you are together at a given location or 2) try speed tests in different locations.

If you conclude it is a signal issue, there is really no solution on a given network.  However, if it is a phone setting/hardware or account provisioning problem, that is fixable.

Hi, @doctavus Please send us a private message so we can provide you further assistance.