Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile service is awesome/awful

Whiz Kid

Virgin Mobile service is awesome/awful

Im so conflicted with this service. When my plan is freshly paid, the service is amazingly reliable (especially considering its on the sprint network and sprint around here doesnt work AT ALL). Its a great deal for the price too. I'm constantly recommending to sprint sufferers to get virgin instead.

On the flip side, this service has been the bane of my existance for years and i feel like its getting progressively worse till its unusable. I've hit my data cap consistantly every month over the years, because I use my phone heavily. I'm used to the throttle speeds. But theyve become progressively worse and worse this year until the service is unusable and I feel like theyre violating the contract by flat out denying me service altogether at times. This past month, the throttle has been upgraded to the point where I cant even send msgs on facebook anymore. Google Maps no longer works. I cant even use the Uber app when I need a cab because the app needs data to run. I dont think this is an acceptable way to treat customers at all, especially ones that have been loyal for over 5 years. I was thinking of upgrading to the Unlimited plan to accomodate my data needs, and then I read its actually only a 25gig data cap and then back to the unusable speeds.

We live in a time period where everything is online/done online. We need access to data at many times of the day and these cell companies are not keeping up with the demand. Theyre hording data like its going to run out, and its unacceptable. They break the law by using signs saying 'unlimited' and then throttling their users so they only get a fragment of what they paid for. Ive put up with alot from this company(including a customer service rep outright lying to me that there was no data cap/throttle on the original plans when I asked if i was being throttled), but this is becoming unacceptable. If something doesnt change soon, theyre going to lose another customer

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Virgin Mobile service is awesome/awful

Hi, @chaletamale! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you private message us with your phone number and pin so we can take a closer look?

Enthusiast

Just curious whether you have an Android or iPhone? I recently upped from a 2gb/ mo plan to 5 gb / mo plan and it sucks. All of a sudden I am roaming and can't use data in places where it hasn't been an issue for the past 4 years. I just wonder if they aren't trying to get everyone to switch to an iPhone and the Inner Circle Plan. I used to sing the praises of VM, I am at the point where if I could switch this phone to Verizon I would...and I just bought it a few months ago so I am not about to throw it out and get a new one.
Agent

Hey there @mak1027. Oh no! That’s definitely not what we like to hear. We’d like to look into this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number to verify your account? Thanks!

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

Enthusiast

Well Joy...if you look back at your pm's from a week ago and about 3 weeks ago you will see that we have been there, done that. Updated the PRL and my profile several times, etc, etc....The first time ended with another agent telling me , "Understandable, Mak1027. We don't offer data roaming, since you have fair to no coverage in your area, your device will roam. When that happens, you won't have access to the mobile data. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you." I and other customers on these forums have been trying to explain to you that this is a new problem....I have had VM in this same location for abour 4 1/2 years. Yes I live in the mountains in a rural area....but I know after 4 1/2 years where my phone works and where it doesn't. It now roams in places where I was receiving 3G service before...including my house and in the closest town...so something has happened with the service to me and apparently other customers around the country.

Agent

@mark1027 I understand your concern. Let’s check this thing out. Can you hop into our DMs so we can chat? - E.J.