I've been having a problem with my phone for the past week or so, I can only get a "1x" connection. I also have a family member using Virgin with a similar phone and I can have their phone in one hand recieving either 3g or LTE, but I'm stuck at 1x all the time.
My phone is a little older (iPhone 5s) so I'm wondering if it's starting to break down. Some internet research said this could also be a SIM card issue. What should I do next to fix this?
Try the following:
1) Go to Settings-General and if you see an entry under Profile delete it.
2) Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Power buttons at the same time and hold until the Apple logo appears.
3) if you still have problems dial ##873283# and press the Call button.
4) at that point, if there are still difficulties take it to the Genius Bar for a hardware diagnosis.
5) If nothing is found, request a new sim card and contact Virgin Mobile and ask that it be swapped into your account. You cannot simply insert a new card yourself--it will not work.