Virgin Mobile

Why Do Calls Go Straight to Voicemail?

Enthusiast

Why Do Calls Go Straight to Voicemail?

Twice in the last 3 days, calls have gone straight to voicemail when I was in a coverage area that the map at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/why-virgin-mobile/network-coverage shows as best coverage: Once on 1/21 at 4pm at the intersection of Route 1 and Prince George's Avenue, and once today (1/23) at 5:50pm at Narragansett Parkway and Mangum Road. Why is this happening? My phone is out of my pocket where it can receive calls.

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Why Do Calls Go Straight to Voicemail?

Hey there, @tdreitzel! Looks like we’ll need to do some investigating. Can you private message us your phone number so that we can verify your account first? Thanks!

Enthusiast

@Carol21, I see no obvious way to PM you. I went to your info page, and over on the right it says Contact Me, but there are no links over there. Please advise.

Agent

To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Agent

Thanks for sending us a private message. How many signal bars do you have? Please confirm your home address in order to verify the status of the network. 

Enthusiast

This has happened to me again. Two calls missed at 10:28pm Friday, 3/15, while I was at home, with my phone sitting out on the table. Why does this keep happening?

Agent

So sorry to hear that this happened again, @tdreitzel. Please, send us a private message so we can do some investigating. 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Whiz Kid

This happens to me all the time! I'd say about 50% of outbound calls will remain silent(no ringing, call timer active) then go straight to voicemail.
Agent

Hey there! We're sorry for the inconvenience. Allow us to check what's going on. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and PIN.