Virgin Mobile

cannot connect to virgin mobile usa network

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

cannot connect to virgin mobile usa network

I have an HTC One V android phone and have had it for a few years now with little if any problems connecting to the Virgin mobile USA Network. It's now over 24 hours and I am experiencing complete failure of connecting to the mobile network provided by Virgin Mobile USA. This is unusual since I am attempting to connect from my home where I've had no problems connecting in the past. I have made many soft reboots/resets, but no success. Also, the battery is being drained fairly rapidly. Will I have to wipe the phone completely to bring the phone back to connecting without fail? I view this only as a last resort.

8 REPLIES
Virtuoso

Re: cannot connect to virgin mobile usa network

It is hard to say what the problem might be.

One thing worth checking is whether there is any outage at your location.

http://downdetector.com/status/virgin-mobile

Doing a hard reset should really not be needed in order to connect to a network.

The real advantage of doing that of course (assuming you back up all your personal data for a restore) is that it would eliminate software issues as a possible cause.

The first things to check are an outage, and any issues with your account online.  After that if the hard reset does not fix the issue, it is likely a hardware or sim problem.

Agent

@dmstev Hi there. Could you please send us a private message with the nearest cross street address to check the network in your area? - E.J.

Whiz Kid

How does one send a private message? Thank you.

Virtuoso

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agent

@dmstev

Click one of our profiles and press "send private message". You may try with my profile.

- E.J.

Whiz Kid

Neet to call family
Agent

Hi there, thanks for contacting us. Definitely, want to look into this for you. Please, send us a private message with the phone number and PIN.

Agent

Hi there, Deloisehill. What seems to be the problem? We could use a little more help.