Assurance Wireless Phone Upgrades

SOLVED

Assurance Wireless Phone Upgrades

My assurance wireless phone broke, I want to get a new phone with a camera and larger buttons. But  I can't find any phones that work with vm's assurance wireless. What phones work with that plan? I do not want another kyocera jax phone.

9 REPLIES

Re: Assurance Wireless Phone Upgrades

If you find out I think a lot of would love to know, the little bitty phones are a pain

my kyocera stopped working so they sent me a worse phone - an alcatel.  this is the 2nd alcatel I've had and they are truly crap. 

now I can not figure out how to get a different phone that will work with this service.

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and get a different phone and different service.  I just can not afford to be without a phone that does not meet my basic needs. 

Groupie

Need a new assurance government free phone mine broke can't see the screen
Groupie

New phone
Agent

Hi rydangel!

There are some other phone models available for the Assurance Wireless program, other than the Kyocera Jax. Additionally, some Virgin Mobile USA handsets may be compatible with the Assurance Wireless, too. For the best customer experience; however, we encourage customers to use the handset sent by Assurance Wireless.

Here's a list of phones that can be activated; although, most of them are discontinued already.

Feature Phones

- Alcatel One Touch Cinch

- Kyocera Jax

- Kyocera Jax S1360

- Kyocera Loft

- LG200

Virgin Mobile Compatible

- Alcatel One Touch Retro

- Kyocera Brio

- Kyocera Contact

- Kyocera Kona

- LG 101

- LG Aspire

- Samsung M340

- Samsung M575

- Samsung Entro

- Samsung Montage

- Kyocera S2100

- Kyocera Clip

- Kyocera Luno

- Kyocera S2300

Groupie

Good to know thanks for the tips
Groupie

None of the phones will work or operate, bogus solution.  have tried them all  none operate

Highlighted
RV

I have had my phone for almost 4yrs now and now the screen has a blot of black so I cant see anything. Can I get a smartphone or use one of mine please.

You're kidding, right???  I've been with Assurance for a very long time & after receiving my 3rd tiny Kyocera Jax phone that didn't work, I searched out other phones that were acceptable.  I got a Kyocera S2100, but later wanted a better one, so, got a Kyocera Contact/Verve at Kmart that was being discontinued.  I've had it for quite awhile & have dropped it several times & it still works....has a QWERTY slide-out keyboard & many, many other features.  I don't use them all!  They, still, have them on  Amazon & Ebay [NEW]....probably other places, but cost more then double what I paid....$20....brand new.  So, if you see a phone you like & it's been discontinued.....search around.  They are, still, out there!  Kyocera Contact Android CDMA Smartphone by Virgin Mobile, Black