Virgin Mobile

ASSURANCE WIRELESS - Can someone PLEASE help me?!

Enthusiast

Re: ASSURANCE WIRELESS - Can someone PLEASE help me?!

If you want a basic phone only on lifeline service you will have to do heavy duty searching to determine which lifeline service offers basic phones. Additionally I have used basic phone service from Verizon prepaid for $15 a month for the plan that allow 300 minutes and/or texts. The phone itself had cost me $10
Enthusiast

If you sign up for safelink and dislike the service quality and decide to sign up with assurance wireless again you can easily terminate safelink once the assurance wireless phone is working.
Whiz Kid

I understand your frustration. All I wanted was a simple fliptop.button phone. I really dislike the current touch phone I was given.they tell you that the Alcratel one touch speak easy is available at walmarts. Well that's not true because I called customer service and they no longer have them. So now I'm still lost in seeking the simple phone that I want to. I don't like or need these fancy and expensive I phones that people use these days.I'm on a fixed income you would think that us seniors would be able to get a simple phone.I'm with assurance right now. But looking into safelink which I don't know if they are any better.

Agent

Hi there jkirsch. Thank you for the information. Please contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-898-4888 for further assistance. Victor21

NB
Whiz Kid

@AWNewCustomer17 

There is instruction for

Assurance Wireless Jax Manually Program the Device
  1. If the Activation is not successful, the handset must be manually programmed.

From the home screen, dial ##847446 then dial #. The final # will not appear on the screen.  

Note: A handset-specific code is needed to complete manual programming. Refer to the confirmation email or programming instructions page for the necessary codes.

The handset must be in a Virgin coverage area to complete the programming and activation process. To verify Virgin coverage, visit the Virgin website.

2. Scroll to Edit and press the OK key.

3. Enter the Phone number in the MDN field and press OK

4. Enter the MSID and press Done. (you can find your MSID number on your phone that you got from the company go to settings and press Phone info there you can find MDN number (which is your phone number) and your MSID number. 

5. Scroll to Done and press the OK key.

The handset will restart.

6. The handset is programmed and ready to use......It worked for me. I hope it will help you or someone. God bless you.