Virgin Mobile

Activating a data done right phone

Enthusiast

Activating a data done right phone

I have an old phone that was a data done right phone.

What code do I put in the phone to move it over to regular virgin mobile?

I've done this with an older phone so it has been done before.

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Activating a data done right phone

Hi there, @deathnote666! We have decommissioned the system that was used for our Data Done Right and Custom accounts. Unfortunately, there is no longer an option to get your phone activated with a Virgin Mobile unlimited plan. We apologize fore the inconveniences.

~Nosh_CxUx

Enthusiast

When data done right was first shut down, I was able to move a data done right phone over to an unlimited plan on regular virgin mobile by putting a code into the phone that changed the OS from data done right to regular virgin mobile.

Are you saying that I can no longer do that?

If that is the case, how do I get it unlocked so I can move it to boost mobile?  Boost Mobile said you should be able to do this.

Agent

Hello @deathnote666 Would you please send us a private message so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

Since there is apparently a limit on the number of private messages I can send...

Chat start time ***** 10:17:58 PM GMT+05:00
Chat end time ***** 10:41:57 PM GMT+05:00
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:23:59
Operator Aniket

Chat Transcript
Info: Thank you for choosing Boost chat. A representative will be with you shortly. At the conclusion of your chat please take a few moments to give us some feedback on your experience today.
Info: You are now connected with Aniket
Aniket:
Hi, You're chatting with Aniket. How can I help you?

Bob: When are you starting the move from virgin mobile to boost mobile for android users?
Bob: When are you starting the move from virgin mobile to boost mobile for android users?
Aniket: Okay, Please allow me 2 minutes to check it for you.
Bob: ok
Aniket: Bob , we will roll out the communication to all our customers once this is finialized.
Bob: I'm currently with virgin mobile and will move to boost when the quit supporting android.
Bob: I want to know when this is and whether we'll be able to keep our vm plans?
Aniket: You will receive a message about this .
Aniket:
May I have your service number?

Bob: *****
Bob: I currently have a Samsung galaxy S5 that was part of Virgin mobile data done right. Will I be able to use thos phone?
Aniket:
Yes you can use those phones with Boost.

Bob: Can you confirm MEID *********
Aniket:
What you want me to confirm exactly?

Bob: That that specific phone will be able to work with boost.
Aniket:
Yes, Just to confirm is your phone locked with Virgin ?

Bob: yes
Aniket:
Okay no need to worry you just have to contact Virgin and unlock your mobile with them.

Bob: Ok. So I would ask them to unlock the phone to be used with another carrier?
Aniket:
Yes that's correct they will unlock the phone so you can use it with Boost.

Bob: Can this be done at any time or will it have to wait until the announcement you mentioned?
Aniket: I thought the mobile is unlocked and you are talkjing about the plans.
Aniket:
It is cleared now, You can unlock your mobile anytime and use it with  the Boost service perovider.

Bob: Did you unlock it just now or that I can call virgin mobile to get it unlocked at any time?
Bob: Sorry for the ocnfusion
Bob: Will this phone be compatible with the boost mobile plan through walmart?
Aniket:
Yes , It is compatible.

Bob: Ok thank you. that is all then.
Agent

We're not providing support for DDR phones. About activating a VM phone on Boost, that's still not possible as we have just confirmed. We suggest you get a second opinion on Boost Care, as the information provided on the chat is not accurate, at least until the VM/Boost migration programs starts.

EdwinRG

Enthusiast

When the migration starts, will I be able to move that data done right phone to boost?

Do you have an approximate date as to when the migration will start?

I don't remember seeing any warnings that we wouldn't be able to activate DDR on regular VM in the future as well.

This issue is affecting my Samsung galaxy s5, which is still worth at least $130 and renders it useless.

Agent

There's currently specific date yet, and there's no information on whether VM DDR phones will eventually be allowed into Boost in the near future.

EdwinRG

Whiz Kid

Is there anyway to unlock these phones then?

Agent

Hey there, RuthRuth! Unfortunately, Data Done Right phones can not be unlocked.