Virgin Mobile

[Activation Tip] - Current iPhone users upgrading to the Inner Circle

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

[Activation Tip] - Current iPhone users upgrading to the Inner Circle

IMPORTANT! - For Virgin Mobile customers who currently have an iPhone, and are upgrading to a new iPhone in the Inner Circle, we have a key tip for the activation process.

If you have "Find My Phone" enabled on your old phone, it needs to be turned off before activating your new phone.  If you've already tried activating, and recieved an error message telling you to contact us, please try activating again after disabling "Find My Phone".

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
14 REPLIES 14
Whiz Kid

Re: Current iPhone users upgrading to the Inner Circle - Activation Tip

Thank you for the information. I posted a question earlier today, but haven't heard back.  Will we, as current iPhone users, be eventually upgraded to the Inner Circle plan if we do not wish to upgrade to the Inner Circle plan now?  Will we be able to maintain our current plan or will we eventually be forced into the Inner Circle?  Any insight or link to this information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Master

All the other responses on this forum have indicated that there are no current plans to force existing iPhone VM customers to switch to the Inner Circle plan. Any new iPhone VM customers will only have the option of the Inner Circle.

Whiz Kid

Thanks, Kawika.
Whiz Kid

I have two separate questions related to this:

1. I contacted VM via customer care twice and was told that since I am a current customer, I cannot buy a new iPhone and get the $1 Inner Circle plan.  Two separate agents told me that the plan was for new customers from other carriers only, that I cannot buy a new iPhone and get the $1 plan. Is this true?

2. If current customers are allowed to purchase an iphone and update to the $1 plan, can we buy the phone and just keep our current iPhone?  Or are we forced to use the one we purchased?

Enthusiast

webs,

I am a current (Android) customer and I had no issues placing an order for an iPhone. I made it clear I want to be part of the Inner Circle plan. I haven't received my new iPhone/activated it/been officially switched to the Inner Circle plan yet, so there may yet be a problem I haven't discovered, but so far so good - they were certainly willing to take my money for a new phone! For what it's worth I placed the order over the phone with a customer service rep.

Maybe it's not available at this time to current iPhone users, only current Android users? *shrug* I don't know.

Somtimes (frustratingly, I know) different VM reps say different things!

Heavy Hitter

Re: [Activation Tip] - Current iPhone users upgrading to the Inner Circle

Do you have any tips to speed up the activation process? This is ridiculously time -consuming! It's been almost 48 hours of waiting, all because the MEID/IMEI is showing up as already in use (on a brand new iPhone purchased from VM website!) 

Agent

@Nana5 Hey there! We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please, send me a "Private Message"  with your phone and PIN, and the IMEI of the device you wish to activate.

~ Joy P.

Social Care Agent

Heavy Hitter

Yes and I have sent a private message, thank you!

Heavy Hitter

One hour later, no change