Virgin Mobile

Another Pay-Lo customer prepaid money lost, even without service

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Another Pay-Lo customer prepaid money lost, even without service

My BS answer from Virgin CS when I asked for a refund after being forced to port my number because Virgin had deliberately terminated my service through so called upgrades:-

"Hi. In regards to this account, it shows that the phone number was ported out from our carrier. Once there is a port out on an account, everything is lost (days of service, balance...). The phone number was ported out on the ..... and the billing cycle was the ...... (the number was cancelled 7 days prior the last payment date)."

So BEWARE when your carrier makes you lose your service through so called upgrades and you have already gone weeks without a phone. DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH waiting for a refund or help. DON'T think about changing to a different carrier just because you NEED a phone and access to 911 because you will lose all your money.

Virgin must have a large fund of money from all the people they kicked off through these upgrades. Maybe they could use it for better customer service. I have never been so badly treated by any company and I will make sure to spread the word.

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Another Pay-Lo customer prepaid money lost, even without service

We're sorry you feel this way wkey. In fact, All affected customers began to be messaged in February 2017 that they must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan to avoid losing service.

Heavy Hitter

I'm sorry jalopez, but that is a lie.

I was never notified of any change that my service would just be cut off without warning, because of technical changes to your towers.  Neither were other customers in our area.  And your website clearly states that existing Pay-Lo customers can keep their plan as long as they keep their account current, which we were all doing.

Company is not following its own policy.

Agent

We have decommissioned the system that was used for our Data Done right and Custom accounts, so unfortunately there is no longer an option to get your phone number back to migrate to another Virgin Mobile plan; which is why we have been communication via email, SMS and our Community and social channels to our customers since February to help them transition.

Whiz Kid

Well from the looks of some of the comments virgin mobile failed to notified all of it's customer of  this.

We have the same problem of no service and Now the EXPENCE of having to buy new phones and get new numbers.

Looks like we're going somewhere else!!!!!!