Can I be 16 years old and sign up for AutoPay? Virgin Mobile claims to have no contracts.

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Can I be 16 years old and sign up for AutoPay? Virgin Mobile claims to have no contracts.

Hi there! I'm looking to gain more independence in the world and am looking to pay for my own phone and service etc. I understand that I am not a legal adult, and as such, I can't sign legal binding contracts. That means I can not sign my self up for my own service plan for most carriers. I was looking around Virgin Mobile's website at the 1$ full year service plan for iPhone, and I read in the fine print "Virgin Mobile has no annual service contracts;" . Since it's not offering any annual service contracts, am I able to enroll in AutoPay and qualify for this service on my own? I have my own debit card.  Or does it still qualify as a legal binding contract? 

Please help! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Can I be 16 years old and sign up for AutoPay? Virgin Mobile claims to have no contracts.

Hi there. We do not have contracts, we're strictly prepaid so you will be able to activate your own account and add your card on auto pay. The $1 for 12 months offer is for customers porting a number over from another carrier or upgrading their existing Virgin Mobile phone. If you are activating with a new number, you will be placed on the $50 unlimited plan. But you will have access to the Inner Circle member benefits. To see those benefits click here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/life-more-virgin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Can I be 16 years old and sign up for AutoPay? Virgin Mobile claims to have no contracts.

Hi there. We do not have contracts, we're strictly prepaid so you will be able to activate your own account and add your card on auto pay. The $1 for 12 months offer is for customers porting a number over from another carrier or upgrading their existing Virgin Mobile phone. If you are activating with a new number, you will be placed on the $50 unlimited plan. But you will have access to the Inner Circle member benefits. To see those benefits click here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/life-more-virgin

View solution in original post