Virgin Mobile

Can I keep my plan instead of, or after $1 year?

Enthusiast

Can I keep my plan instead of, or after $1 year?

The Virgin Mobile plan that I currently have works really well for me and is less that $50 a month.

If I get a new IPhone 8 plus:

1. Can I just SKIP the $1 offer and also the $50 deal and just transfer my current plan to my new phone?

2. Can I get the $1 offer and then just go back to my current plan after a year (which, as a reminder, is less than $50)?

Is it different if I get an unlocked IPhone 8 Plus and bring it to Virgin Mobile vs. getting the phone from Virgin Mobile?

5 REPLIES 5
Enthusiast

Re: Can I keep my plan instead of, or after $1 year?

So, I've just recently read a post that leads me to believe the whether I get the IPhone 8 Plus from Virgin Mobile or somewhere else, it will automatically send me into the $1 deal no matter what. However, I can call up the next day (within 30, actually) and say I want to return to the plan I had before the $1 deal and it will be done. IS THIS ACCURATE?

If I don't do the above and get my current plan instead of the $1 deal, then at the end of the $1 year:

1. Could I still go back to my old plan?  (It seems not)

2. Would I have to select one of the Virgin Mobile plans that will be available a year from now (which may only be $50 a month or more) or just discontinue service?

Wizard

1) I do not think you can activate a new iPhone 8 Plus on your existing plan.

2) No.  Although you could switch to any other plan that may be available at that time or, having unlocked your phone, use it on the carrier of your choice whose plan best meets your needs.

If you get an unlocked iPhone 8 Plus yourself it will not be eligible for activation.  You must either get it through Virgin Mobile or in the Apple Store and purchase the Virgin Mobile version there.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Are you saying the only way to get an IPhone 8 plus on VM is to get the $1 deal?

If I do get the Iphone 8 Plus, can't I just cancel the $1 plan within the first month to keep the same plan I have?

Wizard

My understanding is that if you get an iPhone 8Plus on your own you will not be able to get the $1 plan but you could get the $50 plan.

You may be able to get a iPhone 8 Plus on your own and arrange with an agent to activate that on your existing plan.

If you switch your existing plan to an iPhone 8 Plus on the Inner Circle plan then you can revert back to your existing plan.  Agents have posted different periods during which that option is available.  It appears to be either within 30 days or it may be possible to do it any time during the year.

Unfortunately, there is no single source where are these conditions are clearly stated and it seems from reading posts on the forum here that the rules evolve over time.

Agent

Hi, myzentext. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; let’s get you taken care of! If you, as a current VMU customer, purchase a new iPhone, it will be activated on the new Inner Circle Promotional Plan. If you want to be on your old Data Love plan instead, you can call care and switch back to your former plan within the first 30 days only. After that, the Inner Circle Member benefits begin and you will no longer be eligible to switch back to your Data Love plan. If you switch back to your Data Love plan, you will no longer be eligible for the Inner Circle promotion of 12 or 6 months of service for $1. If you are not a Virgin Mobile customer already, then you may get a different plan with an Android device, but right now, the only plan available for iPhones is the $1 Inner Circle plan. We hope this helps! ~AmyM25