Virgin Mobile

Can't purchase hotspot add-on.

Whiz Kid

Can't purchase hotspot add-on.

The hotspot add-on has disappeared from the web site for some time now.  If I try to turn on the hotspot from my phone, I get an error and follow that link purchase it through my phone.  I then get a message that my phone/plan does not support that.

I give up and call Virgin and they turn it on for me and it all works fine, as it always had.  I'm just getting very tired of having to go through the whole process of calling Virgin to do this when is used to be a simple click on the website.

After ten years, I'm thinking of switching services because of this one thing.

14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Re: Can't purchase hotspot add-on.

Hi thward

We understand how this could become a real inconvenience down the road, and it's very concerning for us, to the extent it has affected your likelihood of staying with our company.

The Hotspot add-on can only be added as a one-time feature, so in order to add a new hotspot package the expired/used one needs to be removed. That task cannot be performed online; hence requiring assistance from a customer service representative who will just manually remove and re-add the hotspot service.

While this procedure is improved, our customer service agents will be glad to assist you.

Heavy Hitter

The question is WHY does the used-up-but-not-expired one have to be removed first, or WHY isn't there an option for us to do it ourselves???  Separate but related issue: Does the company realize that when we call the phone number, NONE of the menu options even pertain to needing help with this?  I know, it's common practice to make menus that simply provide recorded account information or steer the customer to the website--so when inability to perform a purchase ON THE WEBSITE is the problem, why do we have to basically lie on the menu options and say we have a "technical problem" or other guessing games to figure out what will get a real person on the phone (after holding of course).  Don't you guys realize it's costing you more money to require paid service representatives, let alone costing you loyal customers??? I've been one for five years and I've about had it!  It's 2017 but this hotspot renewal thing makes me picure the phone representative taking an exhausted hamster off a wheel to put a fresh one on, or something involving steam or a water mill or something.  Geesh, get with the program ya'll. 

Agent

Hello! Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it and will take it into consideration. Are you having any difficulty or need assistance?

Enthusiast

This issue is still here!! Come on now I'm sure you want my ten bucks...but you may lose my business!! Bad bad customer service!!
Agent

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a DM so we can chat further.

Enthusiast

The issue is described very well by thward and gurlcat in this thread. There is no reason to dm you, nothing will happen. I have reported this from my account on my phone already.....no results!
Agent

Thanks. Are you referring to the exact same situation that "thward" described in the post?  If so, rest assured – we’re working to make improvements in this area!

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

??? For the third time YES!!! A customer (me) purchases a 30 day / 2gb hotspot. The customer (me) would like to purchase an additional 2gb hotspot but the 30 days are not up yet. There should be a button on the web page labeled reset / purchase to allow customer (me) to purchase an additional 2gb anytime! You already have the code for the purchase button all you need is the reset code. Not that difficult and certainly not worth a 9 month wait since it was reported in July 2017. I hope this is clear enough for you to understand. Thank you.