Virgin Mobile

Code 97

Whiz Kid

Code 97

2 days ago I came to my sisters house for the holidays. And ever since I've been here I've been unable to send or receive text messages or phone calls. I'm receiving a code 97 for texts. And when I try to make a call it says I'm unauthorized. I've done every update that I can. And facebook messaged a agent who had me update my phone via ##72786# and it still didn't work. Helpppp this is horrible. I can't call tech support cause it won't let me
6 REPLIES 6
Heavy Hitter

Re: Code 97

Hi, unfortunately when you enter that pound pound number it disable all calls and text on the handheld device; that number was inter on... This is done to make certain that other app, phone calls and text messages of such wont disrupt trouble shooting your device.
When this happens mostly there no other choice other than to call customer service from a different number.
Try giving Customer Care a call and a service representative would be happy to assist you with restoring service to your handheld device.

Hope this helps !!
Agent

Hello, @BrutusNIgoZoom. We'd like to take a closer look to this situation! To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

~ Joy P.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm having a similar issue
Agent

@tohnoshiki We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you having this issue in different locations?

Enthusiast

It doesn't matter where I go the error code stays active, is their any way I can be sent a new sim card?
Agent

Are you connecting to an AIRAVE device? The Airave is a device that uses your internet connection to improve your cellular signal. It's like having a mini cell tower of your own.

~ Joy P.