Data Done Right

Whiz Kid

Data Done Right

Help!!!! Just learned yesterday that VM Data Done Right is gone. Didn't know till I tried going to app to check plan. Gone. Non-functional. 611 non-functional. Toll free support, gone. Tried calling Regular VM support and was told that they have no way of migrating my service to Data Love plan. I need to somehow get the unlock code for my device before my service dies in about 12 days. Or if I can get my device whitelisted do I can take it to another carrier. This really hurts. I was in Texas helping my family recover from the Hurricane. We lost EVERYTHING. VM customer service in the Philippines were totally unhelpful and kinda rude. Can someone PLEASE HELP.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Data Done Right

Hi there, KingMichael! We have decommissioned the system that was used for our Data Done right and Custom accounts, so unfortunately there is no longer an option to get your phone number back to migrate to another Virgin Mobile plan; which is why we have been communication via email, SMS and our Community and social channels to our customers since February to help them transition.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

What about getting the Network Unlock Code for my Data Done Right phone?
Highlighted
Agent

We cannot provide the Unlock Code for that phone since Data Done Right phones are no longer supported.

EdwinRG

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

This is ABSOLUTE FRAUD! I am a member of the military and was helping victims of hurricane Irma at the time this happened. I was NEVER notified of any changes EVER!

This is INEXCUSABLE.

Highlighted
Employee

Michael: Your concerns were forwarded to Sprint Executive & Regulatory Services.  We have a staff of analyst that works with prepaid accounts and we would like to take another look at this for you.  Can you provide us your VM Data Done phone number and we will request a member of that team contact you on Tuesday, Jan 2, when they return to the office.  ERS

Highlighted
Employee

also please include your current contact information.  ERS

Highlighted

Hello Richard_VMU Employee,

Two years ago when I moved to a different location in my city  I was not able to keep my home phone number.  I wanted to keep the home number because at that time I had had it for 42 years.  I already had a my cell account with Virgin Mobile ( old cell  number was 2604abc) and  Virgin Mobile was able to port my number 260abc to my cell phone. I was very grateful.  Since then I became a casualty of the DDR program thru Walmart and VM.  On VM's  behalf I did receive a  text from VM saying my account was closing. Why should my account close I thought. I pay the bill every month so no problem. Wrong! I deleted the text thinking it was a scam.  VM made it almost impossible to call at first to check out what was going on. Then it became impossible to call because none of the menu options would work. It got to the point I had to use my husband's account and cell number to talk to customer service. Very frustrating. I really can't believe VM did not send a letter. Sending a text for closing an account is not a good idea. What I would like is to have my cell phone turned on so I can have 260abc back. In this day and age of technology I am sure it can be done. The last time I checked my number was still available. Thank you so much for your time in this matter. I hope you can help me like you helped King Michael WizKid  as I saw on the internet. I  would appreciate it. Hope you have a great day.

Michelle Kelker

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @mtp38! We have decommissioned the system that was used for our Data Done right and Custom accounts. Unfortunately, there is no longer an option to get your phone number back, which is why we have been in communication with our customers (via email, SMS, our Community page and our social channels) since February in order to help them transition. We truly apologize for the inconvenience!