Virgin Mobile

Follow the neon red signs to the time of your life

Virgin Mobile Alumni

Follow the neon red signs to the time of your life

virgin hotels.jpg

I, for one, never like staying in hotels because I always feel like a, ya know, guest. It never feels like home and I usually can’t wait to leave. But I visited Virgin Hotels Chicago a couple weeks ago and while it was definitely wayyy too nice to remind this college-kid of home, I felt comfortable.

FullSizeRender.jpgMy first stop was the TwoZeroThree coffee and wine bar on the ground floor because I need at least three lattes a day to function. I felt cooler just sitting in the café while the trendy barista fixed up my drink and I listened to music coming from the record player in the corner.

After I grabbed my drink I took a couple minutes to explore and get a sense of the hotel.

While I didn’t come to the hotel for business, if I had there is plenty of space on the second and third floors to get work done! And if I needed to let loose after all those hypothetical meetings? I wouldn’t have to go far; just take the elevator up to the 26th floor where I found Cerise, the on-site rooftop lounge that has the vibe of a chic London loft.

tie wall.jpgAfter all the dancing you do up there you’ll definitely want to go back to the ground floor and grab a bite at Miss Ricky’s.

Named after our beloved Sir Richard Branson, who cuts ties in half and occasionally cross-dresses during media events, Miss Ricky’s is an upscale “diner” where you could enjoy a #QuickyWithRicky like a delicious order of golden brown chicken-n-waffles. (and don’t forget to post that insta-worthy meal with #DonateMyPlate).

I know after eating that I would be exhausted so I go my chamber and lay on a bed that is comfortable and by more than just hotel standards. How often could you say you’ve slept in a patented bed?

Remember that saying that claims you can only choose two of three; work, sleep, or party? Well, Virgin Hotels Chicago proved them wrong because I got all three AND I got to eat.

Tell us about your most exciting experience in the Windy City in the replies below, but let's not get too crazy. Smiley Wink

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Re: Follow the neon red signs to the time of your life

Chicago is one of my favorite cities! I love going in August for Lollapalooza Smiley Happy