Virgin Mobile

How does one replace an Alcatel flip phone with another Alcatel flip phone on Assurance wireless

Whiz Kid

How does one replace an Alcatel flip phone with another Alcatel flip phone on Assurance wireless

There are several options to buy a replacement Alcatel Flip Phone (Retro, Speakeasy, etc) eg. http://tinyurl.com/y9dyd3lj that are unlocked. Can these phones be used with Assurance Wireless?

12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: How does one replace an Alcatel flip phone with another Alcatel flip phone on Assurance wireless

Hi arm45! If you need to replace your phone, please contact our customer service team so we can evaluate your case and send you a compatible device.

Whiz Kid

Re: How does one replace an Alcatel flip phone with another Alcatel flip phone on Assurance wireless

Thank you for your reply, but you do not address my question, much less answer it.intermittantly

I know that at least one used Alcatel One Touch flip phone, purchased used on the Internet, can support Assurance Wireless as I've recently had Assurance Wireless activate one (one that, unfortunately, now shows itself to work only intermittently) ; what I don't know is if any unlocked Alcatel phone that has a MEID number (I know that many phones don't have an MEID number) can support, and is useable with, an Assurance Wireless account.

Whiz Kid

Additionally I've found out that for a phone purchased as "used" on the net and be usable on Assurance Wireless its MEID# must begin with either 270, 256, or 268.

Agent

Hi there arm45. Not all Virgin Mobile phones are compatible to be used on Assurance wireless. On www.asurancewireless.com you would be able to verify compatible devices. Victor21

Whiz Kid

> Hi there arm45. Not all Virgin Mobile phones are compatible to be used Phone Serial Numberon AIf not, how does Assurance Wireless know which phones support Assurance Wireless on the basis of its MEID?
ssurance wireless.

Hi there Victor21,

I know that not all Virgin Mobile phones are usable on Virgin Mobile's subsidiary Assurance Wireless.

> On www.asurancewireless.com you would be able to verify compatible devices.

The www.asurancewireless.com page is a useless resource if one does not have an MEID number (which the website mistakenly identifies as a "Serial Number"). True, the page does show phones, Alcatel Retro and Speakeasy included, but it appears that Retros and Speakeasys are only usable if they are identifed with an acceptable MEID number, possibly starting with either 270, 256, or 268.

I'd rather not go around buying phones on the basis of pictures with lables only to find that there are other limitations.

So, do the MEID number prefixes noted above identify phones usable on Assurance Wireless?

If not, how does Assurance Wireless know which phones support Assurance Wireless on the basis of its MEID?

I've tried calling for support but my experience of Assurance Wireless' telephone support is that its not very useful once one has questions outside the telephone support person's script pages.

Agent

Understood. The ZTE Quest is the recommended compatible Android smartphone that can be used on Assurance Wireless at this time. Other Assurance Wireless Android models (Coolpad 3300 and Unimax 673) are also compatible. This are the compatible devices. We do not get clarifications on MEID numbers. If you need a new phone or a replacement, please send us a private message with the details, and we’ll get this thing figured out. Victor21

Whiz Kid

Unfortunately Virgin Mobile "Agents" who 'reply' to my requests for information on this board appear to be reading from scripts that do not address my questions, much less do they answer those questions.

Agent

Hello! @arm45. In regards to your first question: Unfortunately, you can't activate an "unlocked" device with assurance wireless. If you have an account with Assurance Wireless and want to do a SWAP to another device, we can assist you. In the other hand, if you want to acquire service with Assurance Wireless we recommend you to visit their website to apply at the following link: https://www.assurancewireless.com/SecureApplication/Address.aspx

Whiz Kid

Are you saying that it doesn't matter that a make/model of phone is listed on Assurance Wireless' 'Supported Phones' swap page, only phones both locked to Assurance Wireless (or PayLo) and listed on that support page can be used with an Assurance Wireless account?