Virgin Mobile

International Sim Unlock

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

International Sim Unlock

Hello, I am currently international with no service (only able to communicate when on WiFi) so I can not call the virgin mobile number to unlock my phone for international sim use, is there someone I can email or dm to get my phone unlocked for this international sim usage
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: International Sim Unlock

Hello danielc97. In order to be able to unlock one of our phones, it must be within our coverage area. If you are already outside of the United States, we won't be able to connect to the phone and send the update. Nevertheless, we can submit your request through here. If you'd like us to do so, feel free to send us a private message.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

I have had the same issue: international with no service. I've asked to have it cancelled and be reimbursed, but nothing. And I'm still being charged although it NEVER worked. Funny how you can SO easily activate it, be charged for it, but getting it to work is SO difficult. I'm going to be travelling internationally again soon. Is it even worth it to get my phone unlocked? Will I be able to use google maps internationally? Will I be able to text or use facebook without wifi?? I have iphone SE, live in USA, going to UK and EU
Agent

Hello traveller. We do not offer services outside of the United States. You will not be able to connect with your Virgin mobile USA plan while outside of the USA. Unlocking the phone allows you to use a different carrier, that way once you're there you can purchase a prepaid SIM and have the phone activated with a local carrier. Not all phones are capable of doing this, but almost all of the recent devices are. Feel free to send us a private message if you wish to unlock your device.