Virgin Mobile

International calling vs International roaming vs Domestic Roaming - What’s the difference?

Whiz Kid

Re: International calling vs International roaming vs Domestic Roaming - What’s the difference?

I am heading to Dubai, UAE in two weeks. I received an unlock code from VM for my phone prior to a trip to Colombia SA in August. But none of the SIM cards I tried in South America worked with my phone. Is there any way to find out if my VM HTC Desire 626 will work in UAE with a local SIM card? I think the problem in Colombia was CDMA v GSM. Same issue in Dubai?

Agent

Re: International calling vs International roaming vs Domestic Roaming - What’s the difference?

Hi there, 24Peter! While Virgin Mobile can provide the MSL code to eligible customers, this does not mean that the device will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. 

Whiz Kid

This summer we are planning on traveling to Fiji and Australia.  Currently have VM but not inner circle, what are our options?  We would like to make phone calls while in those countries.

Whiz Kid

Forgot to mention we have iPhone 5s

Agent

Hi there, datejhnsn! Virgin Mobile currently does not have International roaming services. You can use your apps while connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Whiz Kid

Are there any plans that would allow me to text/call my fiancee who lives in Australia? We're in contact through wifi based services but I would love to be able to text her when I have bad connection.
Agent

Hello, @BrossBean.  Thank you for stopping by. With the $5 International Connect, you'll be able to send text messages to Australia. For more information, please access the following link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/international-calling.html . -Kira_M.