Virgin Mobile

LTE speed throttled on VM vs Sprint

Enthusiast

Re: LTE speed throttled on VM vs Sprint

I left Virgin Mobile Inner Circle due to the slow speed. I need something faster than Virgin's 0.28 Mbps downstream. I switched to Sprint and I get anywhere between 15 Mbps to 113 Mbps. The speeds usually depend on the time of day with Sprint, but with Virgin Mobile the speed never went past 0.28 Mbps.
Highlighted

Whiz Kid

Ugh. I just went over to VM today and noticed an ungodly Uber unacceptable slowwwww subterranean low speed. I messaged the team and they claim they were working on it but now I’m reading this thinking I’m just on a sub 1mbps provider. Yikes. This may not last long! Seems there’s many people suffering the ungodly slow speeds in major cities! Really something needs to happen as it’s 2018 and I’m getting kilobytes of data like it’s the 80’s and I’m on a BBS.
Agent

Hey there, @jonreif! We're sorry to hear that you are having low speeds. Just to confirm, could you please let us know your nearest cross street address and zip code? 

Whiz Kid

If I walk 2 blocks west the signal is blazing fast. In fact 2 blocks east it’s the fastest I’ve ever seen LTE go unfortunately at home it’s in the ultra slow less than 1/2 megabit wherein nothing loads. I was with Att 7 years and no real issue and internet worked ok so I had no complaint. Voice is weak at home also. I may try walking a block or 2 in all directions and see if it’s just my location. Really would like it to work but spending $400 on weboost is outrageous when I can crawl back to att and beg my old plan back. Just wish I could have 1/4 of what they have 2 blocks away but alas I get 0.14 Mbps and they get 60 Mbps. So unfortunate for me. Verizon has no WiFi calling and no boosters so I’m thinking im stuck.
Agent

Hi jonreif!

Based on your report, it looks like our signal is very weak at your home location. We'd like to look into that in more detail, so would you please send us a private message with your current home address? We'll be glad to investigate on that situation asap.

EdwinRG