Virgin Mobile

No Service

Whiz Kid

No Service

Hello, 

Starting this weekend, my cell service started to cut out intermittently and then on Sunday, it cut out completely. For the past three days my phone says it's either searching for service or that there is no service. Sometimes service will return to my phone after I turn it off and turn it back on, but only for a few minutes before it loses it again. Do I need to reactivate my phone or is there a service outage? I am using an iPhone 7 and am in the Chicago area. 

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: No Service

You can check the outage status here.

http://downdetector.com/status/virgin-mobile

You can also do a service update on your phone and see if that resolves the issue.

Dial ##873283# and press the Call button.  Wait for the update to complete.

If it does not help, go to Settings-General-Reset and reset network settings and try again.  Make sure in Settings-General-About under Carrier the version is Virgin 32.0.

After that, you might contact a Virgin Mobile agent here to see if there is a tower issue at your location or any issue affecting your account.

If there is no issue with a tower or your account, the next step would be to back up the phone, connect to iTunes and do a restore.

Good luck!

Highlighted

Re: No Service

Hey there, rish234! We apologize you are having all these troubles. We'd be happy to help you. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?