Virgin Mobile

No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

Heavy Hitter

No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

I have had no service in Vancouver Wa for 4 days. Phone support is useless and tells me to rebbot/reset/pull battery etc.

50 REPLIES 50
Sensei

Re: No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

I feel like this is the answer of the day ,but for reals, hear me out.

Your phone may need an over-the-air update, which is simple to have done.

From a Phone other than the one you are having issues with, call 888 322 1122
Get with Technical Support and specifically request an "Over The Carrier and Network Update" 
you will get a code to dial into your phone, that will reboot and update all the network settings and

90% of the time, it solves service issues.  I hope that works for you!

Firstly thank you for the reply EddieStarr but if you are talking about ##72786# it does not work on my phone which is a LG Optimus V. I also fail to see how any ota can take place with absolutely no signal.

Signal Strength :- -120 dbm 0asu

Service State :- Out of Service

Besides, are you saying all the other people in my region with the same problem, that only started 4 days ago, also need the update. What did Virgin/Sprint do that broke our phones? Why did they not inform us or push an update beforehand? Why is the customer having to do the work?

Hey there @lugus! We apologize for the inconvenience at this time with your service. We are here to help. Can you please send me a private message with your current address, phone number and PIN to verify the area and if hasn't been reported, report the area to our engineers department to investigate?

Heavy Hitter

Whereas I am willing to send you the address and phone number the request for my pin/password seems at best unnecessary and at worst a security threat. Why would you need the pin to look up an outage?

No worries, lugus! This is information you are requested over the phone as well. The PIN is to get into your account if needed. To verify usage, if any update is needed or connection. If you don't feel comfortable providing me your PIN you are more than welcome to contact customer care directly at 1 (888) 322-1122.

Heavy Hitter

I have sent you a location, phone number and the pin in 2 seperate messages. I await your help.

Heavy Hitter

A week has gone and still no signal here in the Vancouver area. As a test we went south 20 miles and there was a signal so it is not our phone. How much longer our Virgin going to mess with us and leave our phones useless. Below is the reply I received on Sunday saying there is an outage in my area and that they are working on the problem.

VMU_MasielQAgent

Sunday
Sent: ‎08-20-2017 09:08 AM

Understood. I have determined that the problems you have described are being caused by a cell site outage in your area. The good news is our network team has already identified the issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We estimate that the cell site will be back online soon. I am sorry that you are experiencing this and understand the inconvenience. We value you as a customer and appreciate your patience.
Agent

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Heavy Hitter

I live in the Camas area, just east of Vancouver, and have had the same outage problem.  Here is the answer I got from Virgin Mobile:

"We have used the address provided in your e-mail and confirmed that you
are in a good coverage area and there are no outages that can be
affecting your service.

However, as part of the continued Network evolution Sprint is retuning
the primary 1900 MHz Voice and EVDO channels in targeted area. Swaps
began in July and will last through the end of 2017. Unfortunately, due
to the limitations of your phone, it cannot receive the Preferred
Roaming List updates. This means that you will need to upgrade your
phone to an LTE device in order for the service to be restored.

Modern phones have faster connection speeds because they use LTE and
have more memory and can hold more pictures, videos, and applications.
Keep in mind that your current retired plan will not compatible with
those phones and you will need to choose from one of the three plans
listed below when activating your new device.

- $35 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 5GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $45 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 10GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $60 per month (Unlimited Everything)"
I am using the Pay-as-you-go plan and have a flip phone, since I am an extremely light user.  Basically, they have told me I am screwed, since I can't use my phone to use the minutes I have prepaid.

Anyway, that is the answer I got for the outage.