Virgin Mobile

No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

Agent

Re: No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

Hey there, wkey! In that particular case, is the device that is not capable of receiving the preferred roaming list updates, rather than an outage.

Heavy Hitter

Yeah Frankt, but just in case other users were like me, and had not gotten info confirming that it is not a regular outage problem.

Heavy Hitter

We also have an older phone granfathered into a $25 plan and have been told it is an outage. It does however feel as though it is a ploy to force us to upgrade in which case it will be goodbye Virgin Mobile. The lack of communication and care from this company has been an eye opener.

Heavy Hitter

Another 2 days gone and still no service.

Agent

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience with the service. Could you send us a PRIVATE MESSAGE with your zip code and nearest street corner to check the coverage?

Heavy Hitter

I have sent you a private message but I already covered this with another member of your support staff last Sunday. They said there is an outage in the area and it would be repaired soon. Well that was almost a week ago.

Heavy Hitter

The so called 'outage' continues and it has been 2 weeks with no Virgin Mobile signal. As a test I dug out an unused Sprint phone this morning and what a surprise (not) the Sprint phone found plenty of signal in my local area. If Sprint is Virgin's backbone why is my Virgin phone not working? Once again it makes it look like users of older phones on Virgin are being forcibly removed from their grandfathered plans and pushed to upgrade.

Agent

Hi lugus!

As part of the continued Network evolution Sprint is retuning the primary 1900 MHz Voice and EVDO channels in targeted markets. Swaps began in July and will last through the end of 2017.

As a result, customers whose devices have an outdated PRL (pre December 2015) may be unable to access Voice and EVDO data services.

Current devices will be able to connect to WiFi or through roaming (where available) and download the latest PRL. For older handsets, upgrading to a current device is the best practice.

We apologize for the inconveniences this may cause you.

EdwinRG.

Heavy Hitter

So for the last 2 weeks I have been told there is an outage and it will be repaired soon and it turns out that this was just not true. As I suspected all along the system is being upgraded and you are abandoning your old customers. If I upgrade my phone now (LG Optimus V) are you going to let me keep my $25 a month plan or are you also forcing me to pay more each month? Are you going to send me a phone for free or am I now being forced into an iPhone or some other costly device? Given that you have treated your customers so poorly, no warning of the change, no options to avoid losing service for weeks etc. how are you going to compensate us? The chances are if you are not willing to do the decent thing then you will lose us and probably others as customers.

Finally, if I use the swap phone option on the Virgin Mobile website will I be forced to upgrade my grandfathered plan and will it transfer my phone number?

Agent

We apologize @lugus. In that case if you upgrade your device, and the new phone is not compatible with your plan, then the plan will also change to one of the new plans available for the new device.