Virgin Mobile

No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

Heavy Hitter

Re: No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

All the apologies in the world but not one member of staff is lifting a finger to remedy the situation. It should not be up to the customer to have to fight for weeks to obtain the TRUTH about what is happening. It should not be up to the customer to reach into their own pocket to give a company as large as Virgin a FREE RIDE when they upgrade their systems. Send me a phone I can use in place of the one your service has KILLED with what seems like malice aforethought. Give me a discount so I am not out of pocket from YOUR upgrade. I have never seen a company take so little care of their longtime users.

Enthusiast

Abruptly manufacturing a scenario to refuse service to legacy-covered Virgin Mobile phones because Dow Draper would prefer new designed-obsolescence revenue as a biz model isn't a inconvenience, it is a breach of contract.

VM is contracted to provide uninterupted service, and unnanounced failures of service aren't the fault of the service-consuming client, nor an cynical opportunity to abruptly hit up service-robbed clients for more money due to poor network planning &/or implementation.

Demanding additional purchases compounds initial incompetence with extortion. VM failed to roll out customer service notifications of any potential upgrade or adapt their own infrastructure, and that's on the company--not consumers.

Company has been giving runaround to customers--as amply evidenced on this site alone: acting like they are unaware of any issues, as geologically-consistent groups with specific-capacity phones all have the same trouble: none of the service they pay VM to provide consistently. Downdetector.com also has a pretty active forum on affected folk in Portland/Vancouver, all going through the same denial of service and runaround.

In researching my wife's weeklong lack of phone service (amid 6 days of customer service inconsistent nonsense answers on twitter's VM care chat, via email and now via phone), it's become very clear that VM is dropping the ball and trying to cover it up with a veneer of cheery marketing messages and isolating antics--seperating and partitioning complaints and bad news into private messages and direct message chats, then BSing without accountability, or seemingly any sence of the value and life connectivity consumers lose in these antics.

Peoples' lives and livelihoods rely on being able to reach their families, their jobs, the daycare providers, transport and medical services. So provide the services people contract you for!

If you want to alter terms of those agreements retroactively VM, YOU provide the hardware. You give advance notice. You apologize and give straight answers.

And you certainly don't pretend nothing is wrong.

Let’s check this thing out. What is the make and model of your wife's device?

Heavy Hitter

What is wrong with you agents?  Don't you read the posts?  Don't you have access to company information concerning our area enough to find out on your own what is happening?

As far as sending Private Messages like you all ask us to do, nothing gets done.  I got a message from an agent last week in response to a post, saying that I would have an answer back in 48 hours.  That was 120 hours ago, and still no update!!

Agent

That doesn’t sound good at all. We’re always looking to deliver the best experience. What seems to be the problem, wkey? Let’s get this thing figured out. To better assist you with that, please send us a private message. 

Thanks,

Heavy Hitter

JohnJ7 you just proved the point we are making. Wkey has already told your company more than once. Here for instance:-

"

Edwin - already did all that.  Here is the answer I already got:

"We have used the address provided in your e-mail and confirmed that you
are in a good coverage area and there are no outages that can be
affecting your service.

However, as part of the continued Network evolution Sprint is retuning
the primary 1900 MHz Voice and EVDO channels in targeted area. Swaps
began in July and will last through the end of 2017. Unfortunately, due
to the limitations of your phone, it cannot receive the Preferred
Roaming List updates. This means that you will need to upgrade your
phone to an LTE device in order for the service to be restored.

Modern phones have faster connection speeds because they use LTE and
have more memory and can hold more pictures, videos, and applications.
Keep in mind that your current retired plan will not compatible with
those phones and you will need to choose from one of the three plans
listed below when activating your new device.

- $35 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 5GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $45 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 10GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $60 per month (Unlimited Everything)"

Looks like your tech guys are not attending to existing users' needs."

Rising Star

That completely sucks.  If I get that answer from them as the reason I've not been able to use my phone in Kelso, WA for a month I'm going to switch carriers.  I hate being forced into a more expensive anything, because like you, I use very little time per month.  Usually under an hour, but pay a little bit over $32.00 per month, lately for the privledge of not having any service in the area I spend most of my waking hours.

Oh man. Sad to hear this, KC064. Can you please send me a private message with the details so we can get down to the bottom of this?

Heavy Hitter

I am finished with VirginMobile and their tricks to force us to upgrade. I am moving to Mintsim for $15 per month.

Agent

@lugus Hmm that doesn’t sound right. Let’s take a closer look! PM us so we can follow up? - E.J.