Virgin Mobile

No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

Enthusiast

Re: No service Vancouver Wa 4 days

we've moved to some real service providers, that is-- fully only once VM fully disclosed account #s for porting (took 2 hours on phone) and then provides adequate info for actually canceling and closing out accounts so that numbers can complete transfer to new providers (VM forced an oops! consolation prize for three weeks w/o wiff of service of thirty dollars, no description of what happened or why there was no notice, no offer to update proprietary phone, no consistent explanations of anything from one clueless scripted interaction to the next. I said IM LEAVING, VM said okay, yet account is now locked open again thanks to them transfering money into the proprietary account (rather than my card) as a Sorry! gesture (gosh thx) pending another grueling sesh w virgin mobiles famous phone service aides to fully void account and close/complete transfer...)

The joke that this company is would be funny if it wasn't for peoples' lives, obligations and professions hanging in the balance--with this laughable service serving as intermediary. Cannot wait to be as far away as possible. Must have gone through 4 dozen representatives to get to this brilliant point. NO THANKS

please take the opportunity to post another irrelevant, poorly constructed marketing banner atop this note.
Better yet, please rush along the obligatory Let's Start a Fun DM Chat option, I just love that one.

Enthusiast

moved to both Ting and Boost mobile. got a few extra marketing messages talking about what a blast VM is. Mmhmm.

Agent

Really sorry to hear that, @sddwest. Please drop us a private message with the details of this issue.

Heavy Hitter

Okay I have left Virgin after the terrible way they treated myself and all of their users with older phones. My problem now is they have at least $50 of my money and there seems to be no way of obtaining a refund. I cannot login to the Virgin website anymore because I ported my number to a different service provider. What am I supposed to do? How do I obtain a refund? I know it is normally no refunds but Virgin caused this problem and should be held responsible for it.

Agent

Hi lugus. Unfortunately, refunds are not available once you've cancelled your service. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.

EdwinRG.

Heavy Hitter

Come on Edwin - tell the full truth.  There are no refunds even when your account is active, even though Virgin's network changes have cancelled your service.  I know, because I asked and my account is still active and current on all payments.

Agent

Refunds can be processed if there's no service on your coverage area. Other reasons can be discussed individually, and escalated if eligible. But, we definitely cannot process a refund if the account has been cancelled.

EdwinRG.

Heavy Hitter

Edwin - if our area, the towers were "tuned" so that our older basic phones no longer worked - we woke up one morning and no service.  There is service in our coverage area, but only if you upgrade your basic phone, and also upgrade your service plan from the Pay-Lo service.  No notice was sent to us of this change, so we could use up our prepaid minutes and top-up cards.  How can I use my prepaid minutes if I have no service?

When I asked for a refund of both my cash balance and the prepaid cards, I was told this was not possible, even with escalation.  If I did not want to upgrade my plan, then all of my prepaid money was lost and would not be refunded.  Of course, even though I could not get a refund, I could use the cash balance to buy a phone from you.  But, you do not allow a smart phone to be used with the Pay-Lo plan, even if all I need is voice/text.

So, are you telling me I was misinformed by another agent, and I can get a full refund of my prepaid money?

Agent

We can pass on a request to process a refund for you, given that you don't have access to a working phone with your current plan, and understanding that there's no service for your phone due to changes on our network. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin. We're here to help.

EdwinRG.

Heavy Hitter

Edwin I sent you a pm a couple of days ago with my details and you have not replied to my request for a refund.