Virgin Mobile

No service in PDX?

EEC
Whiz Kid

No service in PDX?

I'm not getting any service at Portland, Oregon International Airport.  I've rebooted the phone several times.  No luck.  Phone was working just fine in the San Francisco Bay area as of last night.

10 REPLIES 10
Heavy Hitter

Re: No service in PDX?

See https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Network-Coverage/No-service-Vancouver-Wa-4-days/m-p/11114#M... for a possible answer but I really think it is an issue that Virgin/Sprint are not taking ownership of.

Enthusiast

Agree! I've been emailing, calling, Facebook messaging, etc., and am getting different (non)answers from different reps. I've been without service since Wednesday evening. Two reps said there are no problems with coverage and one said "service enhancements" are being worked on and the engineers said I might have service Sunday.

Enthusiast

As of 8/15/2017 no service on my two Samsung flip cell phones in Beaverton, OR.   Called Virgin Customer Service, told that our phones will no longer receive signal due to new update to Virgin towers. I was told that we would need new phones. Technical department said they would ship me two new cell phones for $19.95 each and would deduct off of our PayLo account. Received two Alcatel One Touch Cinch cell phones by Fed-x on 8/17/17, however these phones would not work, plugged in the data on Virgin web sight and was told that these phones would not work with PayLo and that I would have to buy into another program to use them and that I would loose all my accumulated dollars. Talked again to Technical who advised Virgin would send shipping box for return of the new cell phones and that I would then have to call back in to order phones that would work which were not in stock.

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, EEC, AvalonBlue, and buzzcop63. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.

To better work this out and further investigate what's happening with the network issue you've reported, please send us a private message including a cross-street and ZIP code, along with the mobile number and 6-digit PIN from your account.

Definitely want to look into this for you.

RB-1991 (Robert)

Enthusiast

Using the only method I know to get back to you Robert I have supplied information you requested and sent by e-mail found under support, made out attention to RB-1991 (Robert).  Please advise if their is another method to reply to you?

Agent

You can send a private message by clicking on one of the agent's name, then selecting the option to send a private message from the profile page.

Heavy Hitter

BuzzCop - I live in Camas, WA, and got the same basic spiel about the upgrade to their towers and how my flip phone won't work anymore, and I have to buy an LTE phone, and move to their much more expensive plans than my Pay-Lo plan.  I asked for a refund of my accumulated prepaid dollars, but they won't do that, even though I was not given any notice at all of this change.  Basically, I have been told I am screwed.  Doesn't seem fair at all.

Agent

Hi wkey!

We're very concerned about your post, and would like to do some investigating asap. Please send us your zip code and nearest cross-streets. We'd also like to inform you that our tower upgrades always take in consideration our pre-existing customers to continue offering the same level of support we've always provided. We'll be waiting for your reply.

EdwinRG.

Heavy Hitter

Edwin - already did all that.  Here is the answer I already got:

"We have used the address provided in your e-mail and confirmed that you
are in a good coverage area and there are no outages that can be
affecting your service.

However, as part of the continued Network evolution Sprint is retuning
the primary 1900 MHz Voice and EVDO channels in targeted area. Swaps
began in July and will last through the end of 2017. Unfortunately, due
to the limitations of your phone, it cannot receive the Preferred
Roaming List updates. This means that you will need to upgrade your
phone to an LTE device in order for the service to be restored.

Modern phones have faster connection speeds because they use LTE and
have more memory and can hold more pictures, videos, and applications.
Keep in mind that your current retired plan will not compatible with
those phones and you will need to choose from one of the three plans
listed below when activating your new device.

- $35 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 5GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $45 per month (Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data, includes 10GB of high
speed 3G/4G LTE data)
- $60 per month (Unlimited Everything)"

Looks like your tech guys are not attending to existing users' needs.