Virgin Mobile

Order status- "order not found"

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Order status- "order not found"

I recently ordered an iPhone 6.  I see there are two ways to track orders.  1.) click on "track" in the upper right hand corner, OR, 2.) log in, go to my account, click "device support", then click on "orders".  

When I do it the second way, I get a simple message:  "order status: closed"

When I do it the first way, I get an error message saying "order not found".

This is incredibly frustrating.  And my wife purchased a new phone as well, and she is getting the exact same messages I am getting.  So that is over 600 dollars we've spent, and we can't track either phone!  Our bank account has been charged already, so I can't cancel the order, even though I am tempted to do so at this point!

What I am the most upset about is that VM doesn't tell us which carrier is even shipping the package, so I can't track through the carrier at all.  I would LIKE to be home when it arrives, to avoid theft, because I live in a kind of bad neighborhood.  Is there ANY way I can find a solution to this??  I will kudos anyone who can help me!  lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Order status- "order not found"

This has been resolved.

An email to Virgin Mobile seemed to do the trick Smiley Wink

I finally got an email with a fedex tracking #.  THANK YOU VM!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

This is indeed a very unpleasant situation and indicates there, at a minimum, is a problem with information being provided to you as a customer.

It seems to me that to pick the best strategy in your case involves first deciding whether you want to continue to try and get service or whether you simply wish to recover your funds.

a) continue to try to get service:  if you chose this option the best approach would be to PM an agent here or on Facebook or Twitter, explain your concern and set a specific time frame for a satisfactory answer.  If you do not receive such an answer within that time frame you then have the option to either 1) escalate the matter or 2) recover your funds

b) to initiate a recovery of your funds you should contact your bank in writing and indicate you have been charged for merchandise which has not been delivered and seek a reversal of the associated debit.  Depending on the method of payment you used, different remedies exist each governed by different rules.

Finally, there are Federal and state agencies that can assist if you elect route b) and encounter obstacles.  As a practical matter, it is more than likely the case that you will not have serious problems should you seek recovery.

Best of luck with whatever approach you decide best meets your needs!

Whiz Kid

Thanks, but I'm starting to think this is a matter of the order having been placed post 1pm on a Friday.  According to some "fine print" I found, that means my order will not be "processed" until Monday morning, when VM resumes normal business hours.

If an agent can confirm that, I would be SUPER grateful!

Whiz Kid

This has been resolved.

An email to Virgin Mobile seemed to do the trick Smiley Wink

I finally got an email with a fedex tracking #.  THANK YOU VM!!

View solution in original post