Problem with Processing Order for new iPhone 7 + Inner Circle

Heavy Hitter

Problem with Processing Order for new iPhone 7 + Inner Circle

This is the second time I am to order the iPhone 7 with the Inner Circle Plan. Both times I was able to go through checkout, but instead of a purchase order confirmation, I received this message, "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your order. Please try placing your order again or order by phone by calling 844.604.3424 between 7am- 10pm CT every day." Both times there were 2 temporary charges on my Credit Card from Virgin Mobile USA:

1. $0.00 - Pending

2. $Cost of iPhone 7 - Pending

Both times I have not received any email confirmation. I have contacted customer support multiple times, and was told there are "technical difficulties regarding the processing" and was told to "wait until July 28th". The first time I tried to order, the pending charges simply disappeared from my bank statement. Virgin Mobile did not contact me at all about this. I had to check my bank statement to find out it was gone. This is why I have just tried to order again. This ordering system is broken, and it is the first website I have has such an issue with simple confirmation of my order. As a returning and loyal customer of many years, I am very unhappy with my experience ordering this phone. I have only been worried and unknowledgable about what is happening to my order. I need a real email confirmation saying that my order has been processed, just like I have received for the last few phones I had purchased through this website. Please, someone help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Director of Customer Experience

Re: Problem with Processing Order for new iPhone 7 + Inner Circle

@cameron43 Can you send me a private message with the following information?  First Name, Last Name and Phone Number.  I will look into what is happening with your order.  

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accept as Solution” to help other Community members find it.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I feel better that I am not alone in my frustration. I wanted to buy phone in May for Mother's day and I am still without a phone to replace my old one. It is very laim that their website does not work. How do they expect people to order? and if you call to buy a phone, guess what...the online offers are not applicable!!!! go figure!

I have been a VM customer for 3 years. I have to say that the price is the only thing that is keeping me from switching. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

My order went through, however I did not recieve an email confirmation either. My credit card does show the payment for the full cost of the phone as pending. 

Keep in mind that as frustrating as this is, it isn't unheard of. This is the first time people are flocking to Virgin mobile because they have a great deal, so naturally their computer systems are going to get bogged down.