Virgin Mobile

Re: How can I actually reach Customer Service?

Whiz Kid

You've got to be kidding!   There is a circle of options -- but NONE of them is to speak to a real, live person!  This is a comedy of "which button to push this time"...  And all of them are automated options -- NEVER a person.

A lot of people spend LOTS of money on Virgin Mobile -- so why WHY is it so hard to talk to real people to ask real questions!   

Joy1713's response that "you just have to answer the prompts" is very insulting!  Many people answer the prompts -- but it does not get anyone to a LIVE PERSON.

Give us the specific prompts and then I'll believe you, Joy!

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Hello @bjeaster. We are sorry for the difficulties you had getting through the automated service. We have many customers who prefer to use the automated services instead of speaking to a live agent and therefore we have provided these customers with the options for their desired service. Unfortunately it does have a negative impact on our customers who do wish to speak to a live agent. Rest assured that we do have our technicians working on our automated services in order to make it easier for customers who need to speak to a care agent to be able to reach someone in a quick and timely manner.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

GOOD LUCK!Quick and timely manner? I find myself upset and disgruntled by your ludicrous response in it's sheer and downright falsehood. 

Virgin Mobile has great pricing, the Sprint network works well in some areas and not in others as most other carriers but Customer Service is either non-existent or wait times extend into days.

I recently tried to purchase a new iPhone SE for the Inner Circle and was given an error message 10+ times as having to contact Customer Service. In the end, an iPhone was purchased on their website, no confirmation or order number given and after 2 days of requests for support by one of their Customer Support channels; (Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and email) I was asked to give support my phone number and a time they could call me back. Mind you that my bank account was charged for the iPhone at onset and each email response was automated with the standard case number, Twitter had no response at all and FB messenger responses sometimes took over 12-24 hours; the charge was finally reversed. I give this advice to customers considering VM; coverage is Sprint, Apple Care at $4 a month for a new replacement instead of VM $7 a month for refurbished or like model replacement and be fair warned of their TERRIBLE Customer Service in my personal opinion. 

Lastly and more importantly; most consumers have multiple financial dealings with banks, insurance companies, car loans, cable and utility companies, retirement accounts, mortgage companies and so on. Each one of those companies have given you an account number and 99% of those accounts you hold are worth more than your brand new VM phone. VM does withhold your personal account number on the premise it's for your own security. You will have to deal with customer service at some point to request your account number. I feel comfortable in saying that they do not want you to have your account number so you don't quit VM since it's the only way to port out your number to another carrier and not for security purposes. VM does not have the confidence in their network, customer support, or insurance plans to be upfront with their customers.

Pro's: plan pricing 

Con's: everything else under the sun

I'm still a VM customer as their phones are not unlockable without substantial cost or waiting for 1 year before they'll unlock it for you to move to another carrier. Do your research, plan pricing is not everything nor buying a VM branded phone. In my personal opinion, you'd be better off purchasing full price from Apple an unlocked phone, they'll give you a free Boost, Sprint, VM combo SIM card and as I did activate said phone on the VM network. This phone can be moved to another carrier at any time before 1 year once you retrieve your account number if you find disgust in their customer service?

Whiz Kid

Please contact me about changing a recently placed order. I have not been amble to get hold of anyone using the customer support number from my phone.  I need to speak to an agent asap.  Thank you!  

Agent

Hey there, @llabisceglia! Thanks for contacting us. If you want to get assistance over the phone, you will need to contact us at: 888-322-1122. We can also assist you throughout this channel, but you will need to send us a private message by clicking on my name, then select the button that says "Send this user a private message". We'll be waiting for you!