Virgin Mobile

Traveling Abroad

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Traveling Abroad

Hello,

I have read similar questions, but is there a way to suspend my service (stop paying) while keeping my phone number? I will be traveling abroad for school for a year and would love to continue using Virgin when I return. Also, I have read that there is a method to unlock Inner Circle phones for international SIM card usage. Could you let me know how to do this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Traveling Abroad

No worries! We can definitely help you out with that, samu. If your account does not receive a payment within 50 days of the last payment made to the account the system automatically cancel's it. The number gets lost at this point. To unlock your device for international purpose first, give us a call at 1.844.604.3422 and we’ll unlock your phone for international use. It’ll take just a few minutes while we push a few buttons and do some technical stuff, but pretty soon, you’ll be one step closer to using your phone internationally.

Whiz Kid

So there isn’t a way to keep my phone number?

Unfortunately not if you are not leaving the line on. We apologize. 

Wizard

You can keep the number by porting it, for example, to Google Voice.

There is a one time charge of $20 but Google Voice itself is free.

If you wish to do this, you must port the number while your account is still active and you will need your account number and port PIN.