Virgin Mobile

Your phone is not yet activated...

Rising Star

Your phone is not yet activated...

I upgraded to a newer iPhone today and went through the activation process. I recieved a success message on the page and I can see the phone in my account. However, I can neither make nor receive calls. When I try to call out I get the "Your phone is not yet activated..." message.

When I attempt to go through the activation again, I get the following message when I enter the IMEI information:

"The number you entered is already in use. Please try again."

When I attempt to check the activation status, the Equipment Serial Number field does not respond to the serial number listed on the iPhone itself (I can't even enter that one in the text field) or the IMEI.

It's a little frustrating because I can't call in to support for obvious reasons. So I am stuck with the incredibly slow response of Virgin's email support form (which doesn't even list "activation" as a potential problem for reasons that baffle me).

Any help would be wonderful.

John

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

Re: Your phone is not yet activated...

I have the exact same problem!

Pretty frustrating. Thanks for posting. 

Rising Star

The annoying thing to me is that Activation issues are given the same priority as wanting to know what date your new minutes fill back up. Activation is kind of a first tier problem. If you can't activate you can't call. In my case the bad activation also screwed up my old phone. My best case with email support is usually "a few days." If I was a new customer, I would probably just be returning the phone and moving on.

John

Agent

Hello John. Did you port a number over or our just swap devices? Victor21

Rising Star

I just swapped devices. As it turns out, the phone suddenly activated sometime last night. While I am glad that things are now working, I do wish Virgin Mobile would review its practices for handling activation issues. The current methods are poorly thought out and frustrating for the customer.

Agent

Hi there johneclark!

We truly thank you for giving us this useful feedback, as we care a lot about what our customers think. We'll make sure to improve our troubleshooting process for activation issues.

If there's anything else you would like to suggest, don't hesitate to share it with us.

We're here to serve you!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Heavy Hitter

Hey there,

Please help! I have had my new iPhone purchased from VM online, since early Wednesday afternoon. I am already a VM customer, need to swap device and have signed up for Inner Circle. Keep getting the run-around and no activated phone. What is up with that? Need phone activated as I am going on vacation and my current account runs out tomorrow July 8. 

Agent

@Nana5 Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll be more than happy to assist you. Please, send me a "Private Message"  with your phone and PIN, and the IMEI of the device you wish to activate.

~ Joy P.

~ Social Care Agent ~

Heavy Hitter

Thank you! I have sent a private message.

Heavy Hitter

Aaaaand your phone is still NOT activated ... I will post an update if a miracle occurs