Virgin Mobile

can't send message with Card 1, error 104

Highlighted
A22
Whiz Kid

can't send message with Card 1, error 104

Hi,

For just two contacts in my phone I cannot send SMS text messages to.  When I do, I receive the error message, "Can't send message with CARD 1, error 104"

I can call both numbers and talk to the receipient of the call.  I can also message the recipient via Facebook Messenger and I can also email them.  I can receive SMS text messages from them, but I cannot send any SMS text messages to these two contacts.  I can send SMS text messages to others though.  I have asked the two contacts to check to see if they accidently blocked my number, but both have said they checked and my number is not blocked.  So, why is this happening? 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Whiz Kid

Re: can't send message with Card 1, error 104

I have the exact problem - can no longer text my DAUGHTER! WHY???
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @2verdeiii. Are you able to call her number?

Whiz Kid

Yes no problems calling, just won't send a text to her
Agent

Hey 2verdeiii! Are you getting any error message when you try to send a text message?

Agent

2verdeiii Please remove your daughter's number from your contact list and the re-enter the number using the regular format, 10 digits no dashes. And also, is any of you using an IOS device? Let me know if that worked out.

KST
Whiz Kid

I have the same problem with my son.  I recently switched phones to an LG Stylo 2 but I could text him for about a week,  He's the only person I get this error on.  I can call him but just not text.  I can receive texts from him and he checked to make sure he didn't accidentally block me.

Agent

Hey there, KST! Sorry to hear that. Please try deleting the contact and sending a message directly to his number (make sure to add the area code as well). If the issue persists, please try sending the message directly to the number again, this time adding a number 1 and the area code. Let us know if it helps.

Whiz Kid

Very strange sitation. Exact same issues is happening to me on the Spring network with a Google Pixel 2. I can't send a text to my wife. Error everytime for past 2 days (multiple restarts, etc, no luck). I actually can send her pictures over text as an attachement. But, error each time I try to text. Did anyone come across any solutions? I'll try the previous suggested deleting contact and see if that helps. 

Whiz Kid

UPDATE:

Deleting the contact and then texting worked. When I re-entered my wife's name as a contact, everything was fine. Very strange but whatever.