Virgin Mobile

just became eligible for lifeline

Highlighted
Enthusiast

just became eligible for lifeline

hi i am currently a VM prepaid customer and have been for 9 months now. I just became eligible for lifeline and wanted to sign up through Assurance Wireless, but everything i read suggests that i will not be able to use my current VM Iphone SE that was purchased when i signed up with them. Can i get a definite yes or no from someone? ??? Additionally I realize that my Iphone is locked to VM and can not be unlocked until i have been with VM for 12 months, so i wouldn’t be able to take it with me to a lifeline service provider that supports Iphones. This puts me in a really uncomfortable situation...
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: just became eligible for lifeline

Hey there, @bBwSari123 Thanks for inquiring about our service. Assurance Wireless does not accept iPhones from any company, if you join them, you will need to use the phone the provide. In order to contact them, please call this number: 888-321-5880 and they'll be able to help. Regarding your other concern, could you please let us know when did you purchase that phone?

Enthusiast

HELLO, MarcosG. Thank you for responding. I purchased my Iphone SE from Virgin Mobile in May 7, 2017 and activated it as soon as I received it. Would I be able to have it unlocked? I also looked into joining the Inner Circle's b y o iPhone promotion that is currently running, but when I checked the IMEI number the message I received states, this phone is ineledigable.... Hopefully, I will be able to unlock it , but, if not, any other ideas for me?
Agent

We understand your concern, @BwSari123! Unfortunately, your phone is under the 12 months policy. You will need to wait until may 7, 2018 to have it unlock (If it was purchased May 7, 2017). Also, that phone is not compatible with the Inner Circle. Only iPhone devices purchased after 06/21/2017 (online or at a participating Apple Store), are compatible with the Inner Circle.