Virgin Mobile

HELP: leave Virgin Mobile USA. (someone can have my 35/month plan)

Whiz Kid

HELP: leave Virgin Mobile USA. (someone can have my 35/month plan)

Hi folks,

I'm getting to my wit's end with Virgin Mobile USA. I bought an iPhone 8 in December 2017. I am NOT using their Inner Circle plan. Instead I'm using a plan I was grandfathered into since 2010 ($35/month for unlimited talk text data, with data getting throttled after 5GB)

I'm going to Asia this summer and am trying to unlock my phone for international use, although at this point I'd love to unlock it for domestic use as well to leave Virgin Mobile. The customer service tells me wildly inconsistent policies. anyways, they refuse to unlock my phone for international or domestic use. I paid full price for this phone, ordered through their website. How is this legal? and how can I leave them?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: HELP: leave Virgin Mobile USA. (someone can have my 35/month plan)

Hi there! Sorry, for any confusion. In order to unlock your device, it must be active for at least 12 months. Inner Circle customers on the other hand have the option of unlocking after 14 days of activation. Since you mentioned that you were not part of the Inner Circle and you purchased the device on December 2017, the device is not currently eligible for unlock. It would be eligible by December 2018. For more details on our unlock policy in accordance with our partnership with the CTIA – The Wireless Association® click here