Virgin Mobile

Horrible Customer Service

Whiz Kid

Horrible Customer Service

Virgin Mobile customer service is atrocious to say the least. I have been a customer with them for a number of years and recently experience their incompetence when I purchased a new phone from them which I have yet to receive. I have come to discover that this is the worst company when it comes to their customers. I purchased online a new phone almost a month ago to this date from Virgin Mobile was given a tracking number and delivery date that indicated the phone would arrive via FedEx. On the schedule delivery date I took off work to ensure the phone was delivered since it was going to be a mother’s day gift. As I kept checking the tracking update I suddenly notice it said delivered so I immediately called both FedEx and Virgin only to be give a bunch of excuses. First FedEx said that they have to speak with the courier, then they said that it was delivered after which they said the package may have been lost and I need to have Virgin send a replacement since they have insurance for that kind of stuff. This is after calling several times. Virgin on the other hand kept telling me to file a police report for what I don’t know. I asked the person on the phone who by the way is somewhere in India if I need to tell the police that Virgin Mobile did not request that the customer sign for the package which would clearly indicate if in fact it was delivered since the FedEx guy never showed up and he said that’s our policy if you want to get it resolved quickly unbelievable to say the least.

I feel like I have been conned out of my money since they have not refunded it to me or replaced the lost phone. I have begun to tell everyone that I know to stay away from Virgin Mobile and what a horrible experience I am still encountering with them. I am about to take my business elsewhere and will continue to speak out on social media about their customer support until I get justice.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Horrible Customer Service

there not just going to send out another phone or refund the money if in fact the phone was delevered then u need to file a police report and file it for a stolen phone so that why u can file a claim with fed ex and virgin 

Hey there! To assist in keeping costs down and to ensure lost/stolen replacements arrive to the correct person a police report is required before we can send the replacement. When our tracking shows equipment was delivered but the customer didn't receive it, a theft has occurred. We just need the police report as proof.

Whiz Kid

So let me ask you a question wise guy, If the FedEx guy never showed up at my door to leave no package for anyone to steal, what am I reporting to the police that was stolen when there wan nothing on my premises to steal. Virgin Mobilee admitted that they received several other calls in regards to the same issue that occured on that day where customers were at home and never received their phones. There is a ploice office that lives  3 doors from me that I spoke to who informed me that it makes no sense what you are asking me to do since the courier never showed up at my residence. 

The onus is on Virgin Mobile to request direct signature form customers for all packages. I have live at my current address for over 20 years and receive packages all the time and never had one missing or not delivered. I usually sign for them or give aurtorization to leave them at the door depending on the item. 

Whiz Kid

The phone was never delivered. I was literally sitting at the window looking out for the FedEx vehicle to arrive while monitoring the tracking status. Once the tracking was updated to delivered I immediately called FedEx and then Virgin Mobile to inform them. My first question was why didn't you request direct signature form the customer that way you are guarantee that the right person receives the phone. They try to say FedEx makes that call which is absurd because I receive packages all the time that I have to sign for. Like I said it is just incompetence.

Agent

Hi Richied. You are able to complete the police report with the tracking number stating that on the FedEx website it states it was delivered but you never received your package. Once you obtains the police report, you need to send the report using one of the following routes:

• Include your name, your phone number, case number and contact number.
  • Fax: [***personal info removed***]
  • Scan and email: PPDSFED@sprint.com
  • Within 24 hours of receiving the police report, Virgin Mobile files a Fed Ex claim.      Victor21

Heavy Hitter

It's now 5:15 pm and I've been trying to reach customer service since 8:15 pm the night before. My thought why VM has such low prices is they do not hire adequate customer service to fulfill the needs of their customers? I've tried Facebook Messanger, Twitter and email support and have yet to get a response? 

I have other caveats about VM like... 

1. If you buy an iPhone get Apple Care as long as your new iPhone is insured within 2 months of purchase; (why)? Apple Care is $4.12 a month vs. VM $7.00 a month and with AC you get a new replacement not a like phone or rebuilt...

That's enuf for now

Heavy Hitter

I have been waiting for days! and NO RESPONSE FROM FB Messenger or email support

Below you'll find 3 numbers to reach me at, ***-***-****is the account phone and by Virgin Mobile's admittance when trying to reach me at that number they could not. All I have asked for is the activation date for my phone so I can request it to be unlocked on that date to move my number to a carrier where the number will work.

I'm sick and tired of being held hostage with a phone I own and with a company I do not have a contract with. I've had great luck with the Minnesota State Attorney General when it comes to unfair, unprofessional and unethical business practices of companies that do not treat their customers fairly and will not be conscious of fair treatment.

My request is two fold, please answer the question of my activation date for ***-***-****and do not hold my phone captive until such date since by Virgin Mobile's admittance they could not reach me on this number. I have copied of emails for this issue and transcripts if Facebook Messenger support communication to show the truth and validation of my requests and Virgin Mobile's neglect in the matter.

I DO NOT WANT OR WISH TO DO BUSINESS WITH VIRGIN MOBILE ANY LONGER; PLEASE UNLOCK MY PHONE SO I CAN MOVE TO ANOTHER CARRIER.

Thank you for your understanding and professional and ethical behavior in this matter.

Agent

@Gruuuvy Hey there. Please send us your phone number and pin in a private message so we can look into this for you.

Heavy Hitter

I've been waiting for days for support to contact me!!!

when trying to reach me at that number they could not. All I have asked for is the activation date for my phone so I can request it to be unlocked on that date to move my number to a carrier where the number will work.

I'm sick and tired of being held hostage with a phone I own and with a company I do not have a contract with. I've had great luck with the Minnesota State Attorney General when it comes to unfair, unprofessional and unethical business practices of companies that do not treat their customers fairly and will not be conscious of fair treatment.

My request is two fold, please answer the question of my activation date  and do not hold my phone captive until such date since by Virgin Mobile's admittance they could not reach me on this number. I have copied of emails for this issue and transcripts if Facebook Messenger support communication to show the truth and validation of my requests and Virgin Mobile's neglect in the matter.

I DO NOT WANT OR WISH TO DO BUSINESS WITH VIRGIN MOBILE ANY LONGER; PLEASE UNLOCK MY PHONE SO I CAN MOVE TO ANOTHER CARRIER.

Thank you for your understanding and professional and ethical behavior in this matter.