Virgin Mobile

Horrible customer service & Don't buy a pre loved phone

Whiz Kid

Horrible customer service & Don't buy a pre loved phone

I bought a Pre-Loved I phone 6s phone on 11/23/18. I activated it 12/1/18.  I had to call VM on 12/3 to tell them the camera was broken. (obviously this phone did not "undergo functional testing and inspection to ensure it is in good working order" as advertised.  They told me on 12/3 they would send out a return label to send the phone back for replacement, and they would send me out a new (Used?) phone when I returned mine.  12/12- still had not received the return label. I called VM and it took 30 min on the phone for them to agree that they were supposed to send out the return label, and they would do it.   I did recieve it a couple of days later, and mailed the phoneback on  12/15/18.  I waited and waited because it was the Holidays, and I thought it might take a bit longer.  I called today 1/3/19.  Apparently VM decided to CANCEL my phone number!!!  ON their own, without asking me.  We had our phone number for about 12 years!!  They said they cancelled it because I had returned the phone!!  I tried to calmly explain they need to read their computer screen notes, as all of this had been documented that I was returning the phone because THEY SENT ME A DEFECTIVE PHONE!!  Not because I was cancelling my service! So I also happened to have a dollar amount credit on that phone as well when they cancelled it.  So, this has been 5 WEEKS, 6 PHONE CALLS, ABOUT  3.5 HOURS OF MY TIME SPENT ON THE PHONE trying to resolve this issue (caused by VM), AND THEY STILL HAVE TO "ESCALATE ".    This would be easily resolved if VM had just sent me a new phone, like they said they were going to do when I spoke with them on 12/3!!!!!!  ( I wouild love to share a "shaking" video from the camera , but it seems we can only upload video from the web, not from my computer.)