Virgin Mobile

Re: Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

Whiz Kid

Virgin just stole my money. I payed my $30 plan on May 15th. Today, May 31st, I spend 3 hours on hold to switch my service, because I was receiving texts saying my DDR service was ending TODAY. The customer service rep started by cancelling my existing service, telling me I would get a $15 credit to my account. After fully cancelling my DDR service, they tell me I have to get a new calling plan, and that the cheapest option is $35 (minus the $15 credit). So even though I paid my $30 bill on the 15th, I have to pay another $20 bill now on the 31st?!?! I don't have extra money just lying around. I told this to the custmer service rep, who told me: too bad. My phone now has NO SERVICE, and theres nothing I can do other than give them more money.

Im curious if Virgins lawyers are familiar with the term extortion? To cancel my service first, and then tell me to get it back I must pay them again? Also, Im assuming this is how it was handled for all DDR customers?
1 REPLY 1

u got credit for the 15 days remaining on your ddr services what did u want them to give u a free month of service be lucky they didnt make u buy a new phone to keep there service also and either way u would of lose service on may 31st because ddr was being shut down