Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile, the Inner Circle, and Lies (Or: How VM's 14-Day Trial Ruins your iPhone)

Enthusiast

Virgin Mobile, the Inner Circle, and Lies (Or: How VM's 14-Day Trial Ruins your iPhone)

I purchased a factory unlocked 32GB iPhone 7 from my local Apple Store. Paid outright, $650 + obscene Chicago taxes. So here I am, excited to try Virgin Mobile. Er... almost, because it took almost 90 minutes to activate a new phone. In the Apple Store. With the employee doing the talking. Great start.

Within 3 days, when I'm unable to call an Uber or Lyft in a not-so-great part of town. Within 7 days, with no simultaneous voice and data (I knew this going in, but it was harder to get used to than I thought!) and basically no service in buildings, I decided VM wasn't for me. 

'No worries,' I thought, 'They have a 14-day trial period advertised everywhere on their website! I'll cancel service and use my fully paid off, factory unlocked iPhone elsewhere, right?'

WRONG.

Virgin has basically corrupted my device so I cannot use it with other carriers. Their solution? Return it to the Store. I'm away from the Apple Store now. I don't have the box with me, nor the accessories. And moreover - why should I need to return the device I paid 3/4 of a grand for, just for following their suggested trial period?

Any and all VM representatives are welcome to contact me - I'm excited to hear from you.

To potential customers - Run, don't walk, from Virgin Mobile.