Virgin Mobile

Why do you not care about Assurance wireless costumers?

Rising Star

Why do you not care about Assurance wireless costumers?

I have tried for three weeks now to get my phone problem fixed. I asked weeks ago for a new phone as the ZTE Quest phone I was given has broken down. I asked what phones they had and told me only three phones are available: The ZTE Quest (garbage 450 mhz processor phone), another phone that is basically the Quest, and the Kyocera hydro reach. I asked for the Kyocera hydro reach, i was told over the phone I would get it but instead weeks later I am given another ZTE Quest, which is quite possibly the worst smart phone on the market. This is the same phone that takes 10 minutes to give me a google search result and even then it crashes out 70% of the time.

The only slightly passable phone on this ridiculously constrained list of three phones is the Kyocera hydro reach and I was lied to that I would receive it. So what do I do? I go out of my way, and spend my own money and buy a Kyocera hydro reach; I go to assurance wireless website and BAM, it tells me I can't use the phone and spits out this message: "We're Sorry. This isn't a Assurance Wireless phone. You can't use this Here." So after weeks and weeks of getting jerked around I am at an impasse. I am thankful for the free service but said service is so hard to use I would (almost) rather have nothing.

The bad business practices of Assurance Wireless under Virgin Mobile are staggering. You are forcing those under Assurance wireless to use a phone so bad it can barely be used as a phone (it crashes half the time even just using the basic calling function). Then you take it a step further and tell us we can't even spend our own money to get a better phone, we can't even buy one from you! Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Treating your costumers as second class citizens is a quick way to ruining your business, free or not.

6 REPLIES 6
Heavy Hitter

Re: Why do you not care about Assurance wireless costumers?

This company is terrible. They don’t give a **bleep** about anyone. If you want a laugh, look at all the posts of people not receiving their inner circle promotion gift card. Literally nobody received it. It was a scam. Virgin Mobile USA has 2 stars on the better business bureau page. Frauds.
Agent

Really sorry to hear about this, Birdo. For further assistance with this issue, please contact Assurance Wireless. You can do it through their Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless. Alternately, you can call them at your convenience at 888-321-5880.

Whiz Kid

The same exact stupid thing happened to me last year around September. I purchase a Virgin Mobile Kyocera Hydro Reach on eBay because I was told that it was compatible with Assurance Wireless, only to be completely left down by both these greedy companies. And of course Assurance Wireless nor Virgin Mobile will take accountability for this. I've yet to see Virgin mobile or Assurance Wireless agents try to give a legitimate answer as to why they're all the sudden some phones are not compatible. Why can't you give us a solid list of phones that are compatible? I'd pay a fee just to BYOD to Assurance Wireless. That'll be the day I guess. I'll check back in 3 months an see if anyone did they're job. FYI, NO AMERICAN LIKES TO DEAL WITH OUTSORCED FOREIGN CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

Whiz Kid

Hey all of you guys assurance wireless is super evil please file complaints about them at the FCC dot gov website so that together maybe we can bring change.

@izzistardust wrote:

BXM
Whiz Kid

What an absolutelessly useless answer. This is their pathetic attempt to make it sound like they will work with you and come up with a satisfactory solution. In reality, all they are doing is attempting to take the discussion "offline" (i.e. not available for the general public to see) so only you will know how useless their solution (basically go f yourself) really is

Whiz Kid

I's 2 months now and I haven"t received my phone.  First you lost my app. and documents,then you say my app. is outdated and you need new one and now I live in nevada not florida.  Maybe you sold my info to someone.  Anyway your website proves why I am getting the run around so many complaints.  People are reading the messages but can't answer them because you have a lousy website.  Lousy website and lousy company because the employees are lousy lead by lousy manager.  This probably won"t be put on your website but it feels good telling what a lousy company you have.