I purchased an iPhone 7 on 12/17/17. Is this eligible to be unlocked now?
1) You cannot simply swap sims between phones on Virgin Mobile (even if both phones use the same model). It can be done with the help of an agent. However, the best practice is to get a new sim for the new phone as that minimizes the chances there will be any problems.
2) Your SE will not be unlocked simply because there is no sim in it. You need to request Virgin Mobile to unlock it (assuming your phone is eligible under the current policy).
3) Buying any used phone entails a risk and if there is a problem, even if it is covered by warranty, there can be considerable inconvenience and loss of service for a while. On the other hand, the cost is much lower than a new device. It is a personal decision as to how to weigh the pros and cons of this type of decision.
I submitted a request (through the Virgin Mobile support website) to unlock my iPhone SE. I have received a response stating that my phone is unlocked, but it still appears to be locked. Is there anything I need to do on my end to finalize the unlock, or can an agent here double check my phone's status?
Here are the steps Apple recommends once the carrier has indicated the phone has been unlocked.
You can always contact Apple Support and determine what the current activation policy on the device is. That is an excellent way to determine the exact status
Can I get my phone unlocked after 14 days if I buy an iphone "Inner Circle , promotional offer"?
If I buy an iPhone from VirginMobile with this offer "Buy any iPhone and get your first 6 months of unlimited talk, text and data for $1/mo.".
1. Can I have it unlocked after 14 days (domestic and International)?
2. Is it a contract. Can I cancel the service anytime?
1) See the Accepted Solution which reflects the information provided by Virgin Mobile.
2) The service is prepaid which means that your relationship is month-to-month. You can terminate service at any time but there is no refund for any unused service in the month in which service is terminated.
It is not in my account and I have already sent a text to 8681 and sent emails. No response yet and I am kind of in a rush. I want to switch carriers because of service reasons and new phone reasons (recently got a new phone), but I cannot start the switch because I am having trouble getting my account number.
I requested to unlock my iphone 8 plus and got the response email from virgin mobile customer service about the confirmation of unlocking my phone for international and domestic use on 3/10/2018. However, my phone is still locked. I sent email again but no response anymore. Is there any one could help me to figure out? Thank you!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Tolanda1. We'd love to help. Can you DM us with your phone # so we can look into it?
To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".
I was trying to activate my unlocked iPhone SE on the BYOD inner circle $1 promo plan. The imei passed the check but I was not able to continue the activation process without purchasing a SIM card from VM. I already got my SIM card from a vendor. Can I activate the iPhone with the SIM card that I have or do I have to purchase the SIM card from VM? I have the port-in information ready as well. Please help!
Hello, Majia! Thanks for being in our Community. We're here for you! Bring your own compatible iPhone and port number to Inner Circle. This will also require the customer to purchase a Virgin Mobile SIM card from the Virgin website.
Feel free to visit our website https://www.virginmobileusa.com/#!/ for more details or let us know if you have any other question.
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
I was trying to swap my current phone on Inner Circle to a new iPhone SE unlocked from Verizon. I was able to do this in the past but was told this time by an agent that I can only swap to a VM branded phone. I wonder if this is the case now for Inner Circle plans. Can I still swap to the new iPhone?
Hi Majia! If you have an unlocked Verizon iPhone SE, there's no reason why it won't work on our network as it's 100% compatible with our network, so you should be able to swap that phone onto your line with zero issues. Sorry you received incorrect information. Please send me a DM and I'll be glad to help the swap if you need assistance!
howdy all, i have been with virgin for over ten years. i used only basic phones the entire time, upgraded to an iphone and decided to sell it, was using an android that was given to me and it just gave up the ghost. the selection of androids seems pretty scarce and was not satisfied with the options and reviews of the chocies i had. and of course the phone i was using (the tribute) was out of stock. i need a phone ASAP and cannot get one in stores in my area. could anyone tell me if i could purchase a cheap used phone off of ebay, say an older android or a basic phone like a flip phone or candy bar, would i still be able to use it on the network now? the reason i had upgraded to the iphone in the first place was because my flip phone would not make calls anymore so i figured i would ask before wasting my time buying one online. thank you.
Hi there addennnn. Thank you for contracting us. Any phone purchased on the internet needs to be an actual Virgin Mobile device to be able to be used on your account. It can not be an unlock phone from another carrier. If you are interested on a flip phone, please visit the following link for available Virgin mobile devices: https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/@Android,Basic/. Victor241