Virgin Mobile

Disconnecting from WiFi on Standby iPhone 6

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Disconnecting from WiFi on Standby iPhone 6

I have an iPhone 6 that is still going strong. After I signed up for Virgin Mobile, I noticed that my active WiFi connection would disconnect when the phone went on standby (when I tap the power button). Granted the phone would reconnect again after about a minute when I turned it on again. I have googled this and cannot seem to find any solution that has worked.

I know that my phone did not used to do this before I switched to Virgin Mobile. Is there anything I can do to ensure that my phone stays connected to WiFi even when it goes on standby?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Disconnecting from WiFi on Standby iPhone 6

Hi there, nileshcg! You can try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You may then reconnect to your Wifi network.

Enthusiast

Thanks Edmund. I tried this and reconnected to wifi but as soon as my phone goes on standby, wifi disconnects again.

Any other ideas?
Agent

Hi, nileshcg! Thia could be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. Have you tried to reset it? IF so, did the issue persists?

Enthusiast

Hi Rossy, I tried this too just in case and the same issue persists. I think it might have something to do with iPhone power saving settings although my Low Power Mode does not kick in until my phone hits 20%. To clarify, the WiFi disconnects on standby regardless of whether the phone is fully charged or whether its under 20%.

Agent

Hi, nileshcg! Sorry to hear you're still having the same issue. We recommend you delete the Wi-Fi connection on the phone and then reconnect it back.
If this doesn't resolve the issue, we suggest you perform a master reset. This will result in the loss of all personal information on the phone. Alternately, you can visit one of our partners Apple stores so they can check the device.