Virgin Mobile

Does Inner Circle Plan Still Allow Purchasing Androids?

Does Inner Circle Plan Still Allow Purchasing Androids?

On my current plan,  I see the link "I Want To ... Upgrade to new Android". This takes me to the Android store. Will this still be available once I am on Inner Circle? I know that Inner Circle is iPhone only. I am not trying to swap my device to an Android while on the Inner Circle Plan, I just want to know if I am able to purchase an Android while on Inner Circle.

Users who are already on Inner Circle, do you still see the "I Want To ... Upgrade to new Android" link to purchase an Android or has it been removed?

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Does Inner Circle Plan Still Allow Purchasing Androids?

Hello dosentmatter. Thank you for reaching out! We'd love to help. You will be able to still access your account the way you usually do on our website. Once you access your account, you will be able to see the android phones still available to our current customer.  Additionally, national retailers such as Best Buy, Target and Walmart will continue to carry Virgin Mobile’s Android line up and Data Love plans.

Just to be clear, Inner Circle Customers are able to buy Android phones on virginmobileusa.com, even though Inner Circle is iPhone only?

Do you know if we will still be able to buy Android phones with account balance (through customer service phone number) while on the Inner Circle plan?

I won't be able to activate the Android phone on my Inner Circle plan, but I can use it as a wifi-only device.

Highlighted
Agent

Good morning @dosentmatter

The Inner Circle program is not compatible with Android devices. You can purchase the Android device and activate it in one of the Data Love plans. Yes, if you have access to the WiFi, you can connect the device.

~ Joy P.

I just want to be sure. I have $230 left in my account and my iPhone will be delivered today for the Inner Circle plan. I know I can use the $230 to pay for the Inner Circle plan (during? and) after the 12 months, but I prefer not to. I'd rather buy an Android phone with the balance.

I can buy the Android phone before I activate the Inner Circle plan, in case I am not allowed to buy it after activation, but I prefer not to. The reason I prefer not to buy it before activation is that newer models of phones might come out so I might have a bigger selection if I wait until right before mid-2018 when Virgin stops selling Android phones.

I've asked other Agents, but I've gotten different answers. None of them have been 100% sure that I can or can't buy an Android phone with balance after activating Inner Circle. Are you 100% sure about this?

You said, "You can purchase the Android device and activate it in one of the Data Love plans". I thought the Data Love plans aren't available to new customers anymore? I know it is available to existing customers of Virgin Mobile, as I am an existing customer myself. Does Virgin allow converting an Inner Circle Plan to a Data Love plan with Android, losing all Inner Circle benefits? I would think the Inner Circle plan is for new customers and would not allow going back to the old plans. If Virgin allows converting an Inner Circle plan to a Data Love plan, I have a reason to believe why they would still allow the purchase of Android phones with account balance.

Agent

@dosentmatter As an existing Virgin Mobile customer, if you decide that the Inner Circle just isn’t for you, you can definitely go back to your previous plan. Just contact us within 30 days of joining & we’ll switch you back! If you do switch to your old plan, please keep in mind that you’ll lose all of those amazing perks and benefits that come along with the Inner Circle.

~ Joy P.

Enthusiast

What plans are availble for current customers updating to a Galaxy s7?

Agent

@Beardsley Hey there! Existing Android customers can still enjoy the Data Love plans, which are: $35 Unlimited w/ 5GB HiSpeed Data, $45 Unlimited w/ 10GB HiSpeed Data and $60 Unlimited Talk/Text/Data.

Enthusiast

What is HiSpeed? What is the rate of data transfer? Is it the same as 4G LTE?

Agent

It's referring to 4G LTE. The average download speeds are: 6-8 Mbps and the average upload speeds are: 2-3  Mbps.