Virgin Mobile

Five phone calls and still no unlocked phone

Heavy Hitter

Five phone calls and still no unlocked phone

This is starting to get really frustrating. I’ve called to unlock my iPhone SE FIVE TIMES NOW and each time I’m placed on hold and told “ok, the phone will be unlocked within 48 hours”.

48 hours pass. Nothing.

I wait a week, then call back. Same thing every time.

I’m getting frustrated and this is kind of the last straw. Customer service is useless and apparently the only people who can unlock the phones are the reps via the customer service number.

I’m considering looking into options for filing a formal complaint. I’ve just simply had enough.

It’s not like I’m leaving the service, I just want to give this phone to my sister and use the new 7plus I bought on this line.
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Five phone calls and still no unlocked phone

One thing you might consider, and something I found helpful with a different problem, is to send a message to the Inner Circle on agents Twitter.  My experience with turnaround and response was good.  The other advantage is that it allows you to maintain a record of the exchange.

That might obviate the need to file a Dispute or Complaint with the FCC and produce a faster resolution to the problem.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

I’ve already reached out on Twitter, and they send me to the customer care hotline.
Director of Customer Experience

Hi,

Can you shoot me a private message here in community with your phone number and IMEI?  We can start the unlock process.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accept as Solution” to help other Community members find it.