I have unlocked iphone says I'm ineligible.

Enthusiast

I have unlocked iphone says I'm ineligible.

I have an unlocked iphone I bought through Apple. I have had it on both a CDMA and GSM network since I've owned it. I would like to sign up for VM Inner Circle and take advantage of the great $1 deal.

When I enter IMEI, cell and zip it says I'm ineligible and I can't proceed past that.

Any thoughts? I would like to switch.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Sensei

Re: I have unlocked iphone says I'm ineligible.

i'm curious for you, let's see what version you have, on your iphone tap Settings > General > About
and what is your model number? I can cross reference that to the linup VM announced today for BYOD. 🙂

Hi @robey1!

Not all Inner Circle compatible iPhones are eligible for BYOD. And, usually, factory unlocked or iPhones without carrier are not eligible.

~Nosh_CxUx

Enthusiast

That's dissappointing. Do you think that will change?

Thanks for the follow up. I really appreciate it!

Agent

We don't have that information , Robey1. It may change in a future, but we don't have that information at this moment.

Enthusiast

I'm not sure how the online tool works but yesterday I checked and it said my unlocked iPhone 7 is not eligible.

Today I tried again and it said it's good to go. FWIW you may want to check again.

Enthusiast

Model MN5T2LL/A

Thank you for looking into it!