Virgin Mobile

IPHONE 6S operating system 11: Any problems?

Master

IPHONE 6S operating system 11: Any problems?

I'm interested in buying a Pre-Loved iPhone 6s. When I looked at the specs, it said the phone comes with the operating system, ios 11. I've heard all the rumors and watched Youtube videos on how iOS 11 Makes the 6s super slow AND drains the battery much faster than normal.

If the 6s COMES WITH ios 11 when you purchase it from Virgin Mobile, is it possible to downgrade to ios 10 so that the phone works properly and without incident? Has anyone tried this? If so, what are the steps to downgrade to the better-working IOS 10 for the 6s? Please answer this question, as it's quite important to me, and so is this next one as well.

Also, anyone who has purchased an iPhone 6s specifically from Virgin Mobile (this exact phone, not a different model), is IOS 11 on YOUR iPhone 6s working smoothly after awhile after using ios 11? I've heard of that happening as well, but I hear it's an EXTREMELY rare occurance.

I'm just scared that if I buy this phone, learning now that it comes with IOS 11, that I will be stuck with it and can't get ios 10, which people say works much smoother. Again, is there any way to downgrade to IOS 10 even though when you buy the 6s and it comes with IOS 11?  Please respond, as I'm in need of a new phone and the 6s looks so enthralling to me, and I am curious if you can downgrade back to IOS 10 so I wouldn't have to deal with the nightmare that is IOS 11 (quick-draining of battery life sounds absolutely hellish to go through, in my opinion!!). Again, please respond when you can, it's much appreciated!!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: IPHONE 6S operating system 11: Any problems?

I do not know what iOS version would be installed on a Pre-Loved iPhone.   It may indeed be specific to a particular phone.

However, I do know that you cannot downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10.

It is certainly possible to have serious problems in upgrading to iOS 11 and there are many documented cases of this happening.

Sinc upgrading iOS is a voluntary choice, the user is responsible for resolving any problems that may arise.

There is another issue to be concerned about with purchasing an iPhone 6s.  Apple has acknowledged that it does slow performance on these devices to compensate for declining battery capacity.  That issue can be overcome by replacing the battery.  Apple charges $79 for a battery replacement.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Master

Are Virgin Mobile phones able to get this battery replacment from Apple?

Wizard

"Anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced."

When details are announced in late-January 2018 the exact process will be known.  Presumably, it will involve an assessment by Apple, rather than the owner, that the battery needs replacing and specific standards for determining that will likely be announced.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

Highlighted
Master

You're saying we all have to wait until Jan 2018 for Apple to announce when this battery replacement will happen?

Also, you didn't answer my question. Can Virgin Mobile iPhones (particularly the iPhone 6s) get this battery replacement from Apple? Answer both questions.