Virgin Mobile

It's almost here - iPhone 8 - Pre-orders begin 9/22!

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Re: Any news about iPhone X pre order and delivery date?

VM customer care, in their iPhone 8 preorder post, said they will have information on iPhone X preorders as the time gets closer.

If they launch iPhone X in the second wave of countries, like they’re doing with the 8 on VM, you could get the Sprint or VZW iPhone X and pay for the phone in full via Apple, which both come unlocked and will be compatible with the VMUSA network. 

You’ll still have to call customer care to add it to your account, unless they fix the online portal. 

Wizard

Re: Any news about iPhone X pre order and delivery date?

The problem is there is no way to know if the IMEI of those phones will be whitelisted initially until an activation is attempted.

Sprint controls that and might well decide to limit initial activations to phones from certain sources.
Agent

Re: It's almost here - iPhone 8 - Pre-orders begin 9/22!

Hi, @lypdmd!

Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please private message us your phone number, PIN, IMEI and UICC ID?

~Nosh_CxUx

Whiz Kid

@Nosh_CxUx Hello - I, too, bought an iPhone 8 unlocked and SIM-free at an Apple Store on Friday 9/22, but the eligibility-checker on the VirginMobile website is telling my IMEI is not eligible for the Inner Circle promotion.  Help, please!  Thanks!

Agent

Hi, @bertgreene!

To get the Inner Circle promotion with the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, they must be purchased from our website or purchased & set up in an Apple retail location.

~Nosh_CxUx

Whiz Kid

@Nosh_CxUx So I could I take the unlocked iPhone 8 I bought at an Apple Store last week back to the Apple Store and get a VirginMoble SIM from them and take advantage of the promotion that way?

Wizard

Based on what @Nosh_CxUx has stated in the post you reference, it would not work.

The sim free model is not the one that is used in the Virgin Mobile promotion and your experience suggests that the IMEI of that model is not being whitelisted by Virgin Mobile.

Agent

Hi there, lypdmd. Unfortunately, the unlock iPhone 8 is not compatible with the Inner Circle promotional plan.

Enthusiast

I purchased from Apple online, just got the phone and tried the online checker and it said mine was not supported (guess due to it being the SIM free unlocked version)

I spoke to VM support and they said it will work and that they would send me a SIM (as I am not near a Apple store, hence buying it online to start with)

So can someone confirm which is correct, will it work or will it not?

Agent

Unfortunately not. It has been confirmed that the unlocked iPhone 8 is not compatible with the service. We're sorry for the inconvenience.