Virgin Mobile

It's almost here - iPhone 8 - Pre-orders begin 9/22!

Enthusiast

Re: It's almost here - iPhone 8 - Pre-orders begin 9/22!

I suggest that you let the rest of your support team know so that they dont keep telling people it will work.  Well I guess time to find a new provider

Wizard

Here is the actual situation.

The phone you have can indeed work here.

The question is whether Virgin Mobile will permit it to be activated on the promotional plan.

If it does not pass the checker you will not be able to use it on that plan unless Virgin Mobile decides to whitelist it.

So the answer is, even if you had the sim right now, you could not activate it on that plan.

There is no way to know if Virgin Mobile will decide to whitelist your IMEI or not.

Enthusiast

Just frustrating when one of Virgin's reps says it will work when I called thiem this afternoon and they will send SIM and then on here they say it will not work.  Oh well, time to move on.  Was going to move 8 lines over here, but I guess that will not happen.

Agent

You're right uprichard. We're sorry for the misinformation. I'm going to escalate the situation to be taken into account. We remain at your service. If you have any question, just let us know.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Re: Any news about iPhone X pre order and delivery date?

A sprint-whitelisted phone, that is unactivated will be able to be activated on VM.
Agent

Re: Any news about iPhone X pre order and delivery date?

Hey there, @ttarafas! We hear you! Be aware the phone might be eligible for Bring Your Own. Please check your phone compatibility here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html. Thank you.

Enthusiast

When is it really going to be ship? I had a chat on your facebook page and Jeff told me that you guys are shipping it on 10/29?! That freaking long. I thought this was a one week and easy way to get the phone. I guess not. I'm so dissapointed. If it doesnt come by 10/6, I might just have to cancel it.

Whiz Kid

I ordered my the iPhone 8 on 9/26 to take advantage of the inner circle promotion of 12 months for $1.  Based on the information here, my phone should ship by 10/6?  It also states in another post on this feed that someone talking to support on FB said the orders won't be shipped until 10/29!  Given that we must have the phone activated within 30 days of order to qualify for the promotional pricing that is concerning!  I can't wait this long for the phone than be told I can't participate in the promotion because too much time has elapsed from order to activation and it wasn't even my issue but rather a carrier issue with fulfilling orders.  Hopefully, this is being considered with regard to those waiting on their phones.  According to the status, mine is on "fulfillment-hold" with no further information on what that means or what the estimated fulfillment date will actually be.  I also have a $738 pending hold on funds in my bank, so more communication from VM on when the device will ship would really be helpful in these situations.

Agent

Hey there, apriestl & Sydney_06! Thank you for contacting us. We started to ship those devices on 09/29/2017. we will do so in first in/first out order (the first order we receive will be the first order shipped out).

Enthusiast

Tomorrow is the 6th of october (thats a week) and still dont have it. When will I get it? plus theres no tracking number?