Phone not activated after 3 days

Whiz Kid

Phone not activated after 3 days

I recently bought an iPhone through Virgin, and went through the whole process of activating it with the inner circle and porting the number. It said that it wouldn't take too long for my service to start, but it's been 3 days. I see on the forums that this is a pretty common problem, so do I just need to be patient, or do I need to do somthing about it? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Phone not activated after 3 days

Here are a few questions and suggestions to help determine if the problem is at the phone level which the user can fix or at the account level which only Virgin Mobile can fix.

1) when you call the number you wanted to port from a differnet number, what happens?  Have you checked which carrier currently has your number?

2) when you enter the IMEI on the Tello BYOD checker does it show as activated or available for activation?

3) Have you gone to Settings-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings?

4) with WiFi enabled have you done a carrier reset and provisioned the phone (##CLEAR#, and ##UPDATE# respectively)?

Depending on the answer it may be possible to identify the exact problem.

Agent

Re: Phone not activated after 3 days

Hello @delong1 Let’s do some investigating! Would you please send us a private message with the phone number you're trying to port, so we can check the status?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.