Virgin Mobile

Unlocking Iphone + Inner Circle

Whiz Kid

Unlocking Iphone + Inner Circle

I have a iPhone 6 Plus that is currently locked to Virgin Mobile. The previous owner had it 11 months before it broke, therefore never met the 12 month criteria for it to be unlocked off the network. She purchased a new phone, and still has her existing account. I called your rep, they said they unlocked my phone, and left a voicemail stating it was successful. The next day it wasn't unlocked and I called again.  Guess your rep lied and it really wasn't unlocked (which I found all the information out above  - PS I bought this phone knowing it could be unlocked because your rep said it was). Guess I’m out $$$$ and stuck with Virgin Mobile for a year contract if I want to get it off your network..... Feedback for your call center: your reps are extremely frustrating and offer no solutions other than "reprimanding the rep for providing false information". Doesn't seem to help me!

Brining me to the inner circle- if I add this phone to the inner circle, can I get this phone unlocked after 14 days, and don't have to wait the 12 months? What happens if I leave after a few months?  Can I easily switch from the Inner circle and switch to the data plan. Will that be a consecutive 12 months or will it restart? Will my phone still be unlocked?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Unlocking Iphone + Inner Circle

Hi melbrock!

In order to unlock your phone, you need to complete the 12 months activation period. So you're short by one month only (it does not need to be consecutive months). On the other hand, a used VM phone cannot be activated on the Inner Circle program. We recommend you activate it for the missing time and select one of the Data Love plans.

We can help you unlock the phone through here. Just let us know.

EdwinRG.

Whiz Kid

Even if i take over the phone from someone else and activate it for 1 month, that will be added to the additional 1 month? Can you track the time that the phone has been active via IMEM? I purchased from a complete stranger so don't have access to their account. Should i contact you after I have had the plan for a month to discuss unlocking? 

Agent

To further assist you, well need to check the IMEI of the device you're trying to unlock. Please, send us a private message with the IMEI.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".